Basecoating Soviet Infantry

Discuss Battlefronts World War 2 game here.
Field Marshall Terry
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Basecoating Soviet Infantry

Post by Field Marshall Terry » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:54 am

So I'm starting FoW, got Soviet Infantry, 6 Is-2's (i think they are IS-2's) and 8 T-34's and a Raketa battalion from my gamestore owner as he was going to play Soviets but changed his mind to Canadians. I already painted the Tanks, now moving onto the Infantry. I'm doing the basic uniform (tan-ish fatigues and Green Helmet) I've painted Imperial Guardsmen before but I basceoated all them with black, and put a thick coat of bleached bone.

My main problem is I don't want to basecoat them black and have to put on thick coats thus ridding the models of detail. But should I basecoat them white as doesn't white really show through (never basecoated with white before)

Any tips for painting the FoW Infantry in general are welcomed as well
"And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know."

Korsarro-Khan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Basecoating Soviet Infantry

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:13 am

white does really show through

do you have a citadel spray gun?

if so, basecoat black then spray bleached bone? im not sure how well bleached bon turns out when sprayed. Before buying a spray gun, i would see if any of your friends have one, and do a test with bleached bone, maybe on a sprue or something...

Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Re: Basecoating Soviet Infantry

Post by Khornate » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 am

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.