want to start up flames of war

Discuss Battlefronts World War 2 game here.
theroughneckjesse
MiniWarGaming Zealot

want to start up flames of war

Post by theroughneckjesse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:14 pm

What is the easiest army to start with in FoW. Are the Italians easy to play as or difficult because, that is the army I feel like starting. What are Italians like? are they a more infantry base army, vehicle base army, or mix army?
Look upon this hammer I hold before me, for it is far more than a weapon. It is a symbol of the Imperial justice that smites the diabolic enemies of the Imperium wherever they are found, just as I.

RedSpy1
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: want to start up flames of war

Post by RedSpy1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm

italians are a little random but i've heard that the challenging aspect about them is what makes them fun. the easiest army to start up? i'd say germans but you really should post this on the FoW forum. and find out what your flgs plays the most as far as time period goes
You kiddin? They use babies with sharp teeth as bullets over there. - Mattman154 [on China's efficiency in combat]

Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Khornate » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:15 pm

RedSpy1 wrote:italians are a little random but i've heard that the challenging aspect about them is what makes them fun. the easiest army to start up? i'd say germans but you really should post this on the FoW forum. and find out what your flgs plays the most as far as time period goes
Germans are definitely the cheapest army to start but as red said go to LGS and find out what period is played i started a Mid Grenadier Company and it's EW fever in my lgs D:
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

TheTerrainGuy
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by TheTerrainGuy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:16 pm

I would say Germans as well. Armour over infantry as well.

Italians are going to be tough to start with I would say, but if its what makes you get into the game then go for it.