FOW canadian forces

Discuss Battlefronts World War 2 game here.
M1K3
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: FOW canadian forces

Post by M1K3 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Paladin-Zebra wrote:
Khornate wrote:you guys also had a tendency to beat the tar out your PoWs >->
they were quiet deliciouse
That they were
WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Jason
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Jason » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZttzbl ... re=related

Canadians during WWI, Rightly feared and Rightly named.

Warning, is somewhat Gory, so, you were warned.

Also Zebra, I play a Canadians 4th Infantry army from the Monty's Meatgrinder book. Its not complete, but if you want I could post some WIP's

Also, I think that the Canadians would have been more scary on the charge Khornate. We founded our country on wilderness survival and being hardy, and most of Canada still wasn't even settled in 1940, We were tough ones thats for sure.

Oh, and by the way, your right, the British had the easiest time coming in, took a while beach with only 1 shot fired.

The Canadians had the heaviest defended, deepest killzone, and most out-numbering force to face on D-Day. And don't you forget it.

Jason
Regardez l'aventure à venir
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem
Bad Company, till the day I die.

DragonRider

Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Khornate » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Actually Omaha was the most contended but you guys took a beating and gave it right back (even though you were fighting the 716 division made up of Soviet PoWs and Poles) and some reserves from the 21 Panzerdivision (The guys from Africa some tough SoBs) the Americans on Omaha got the short straw they ran into the 352nd fresh the Ostfront for some R&R
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 pm

True, but remember, Out-numbered, out gunned, and we had a looong way to go, yet we had to slow down, because we were moving too far ahead of everyone else.

Also, I typed in "Lengths and widths of the beaches for D-Day" and got nothing but "Omaha beach details/stories/journals/pictures/etc"

That was one thing that always bothered me, just how much publicity Omaha got, sure it was a tough beach, but they were trained assault divisions, with support, yet they are just everywhere in the media, while Juno beach, with an army made of nearly all volunteers, with a grand total of 1, ONE, tank making it ashore in the initial landing, and we JUST got a 1 hour TV special this remembrance day.

Sad, Sad-sad-sad Jason
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem

DragonRider

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:05 am

Jason wrote:True, but remember, Out-numbered, out gunned, and we had a looong way to go, yet we had to slow down, because we were moving too far ahead of everyone else.

Also, I typed in "Lengths and widths of the beaches for D-Day" and got nothing but "Omaha beach details/stories/journals/pictures/etc"

That was one thing that always bothered me, just how much publicity Omaha got, sure it was a tough beach, but they were trained assault divisions, with support, yet they are just everywhere in the media, while Juno beach, with an army made of nearly all volunteers, with a grand total of 1, ONE, tank making it ashore in the initial landing, and we JUST got a 1 hour TV special this remembrance day.

Sad, Sad-sad-sad Jason
It is sad Canadian units get overlooked but Omaha was the bloodiest beach the Allies took on D-day and on the subject of trained divisions only the "Big Red 1" division had any combat experience the 29th Infantry was greener than a baby's first poop Barely any tanks made it on any beach that isn't really a shocking fact but if you want information about Juno beach there are tons of books written on the subject if you want I can PM you the titles
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh trust me, I've read all there really is to know on Juno and the Canadian effort in World War 2, so thanks, but I'm good.

Jason
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem

DragonRider

Paladin-Zebra
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:06 pm

its been awhile since i looked at this thread :P well depending of if i can get my friends into FOW I will start a canadian army... after im done a canadian guard army... and canadian empire army :P
"If this was Facebook, I would have liked all of Paladins posts so far." -Dez
"pally is fairly awes-mazing" -BewareOfTom
"paladin zebra is an awesome paladin class zebra warrior" -Sniperfex

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Its tougher to start a FoW Canadian Army. Since there are no dedicated models for the Canadians, and there is no booklet paint guide for the Canadians, you need to do research for them. If you are okay with having to find out correct gear colours, and whatnot, you should be okay I guess.

That and they cost about a third more than regular British infantry. But thats just because we are a third more awesome.
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem

DragonRider

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 pm

you don't need "dedicated" models they used British equipment.....

Paladin-Zebra
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:12 am

Jason wrote:you need to do research for them.
i dont need to research what I already know :P what else do i do in my free time
"If this was Facebook, I would have liked all of Paladins posts so far." -Dez
"pally is fairly awes-mazing" -BewareOfTom
"paladin zebra is an awesome paladin class zebra warrior" -Sniperfex

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Khornate wrote:you don't need "dedicated" models they used British equipment.....
That's true, but we had a different style than the British. Anyways, its mainly about the colour differences, which you need to look up. Besides, they may have used British equipment, but they had a different webbing, so technically the packs and pouches would be placed differently on the model.

Just sayin'. :mrgreen:
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem

DragonRider

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:58 am

We took Vimy in meer hours of our first assault, :P
Anyways ON Topic, yes. British models are used for Canadian lists.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 am

IGfanatic wrote:We took Vimy in meer hours of our first assault, :P
Anyways ON Topic, yes. British models are used for Canadian lists.
As I said before you were fighting the 716 Infantry division made up of PoWs and men from the stomach and ear battalions.

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 pm

yet no-one else could take it.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:17 pm

IGfanatic wrote:yet no-one else could take it.
Well us Americans were busy fighting the 352 Infantrie Division who was fresh from Russia with a lot of Combat experience