Harlequin Titan

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
odinsgrandson
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Harlequin Titan

Postby odinsgrandson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 am

Here's a titan that I did just a little while ago. I was rather fond of the results.

For credit- my client created the base (all I added was some gravel). It was also his idea to do up this titan as a harlequin. The color scheme matches his harlies, who are each black and white plus one of the bright colors featured on this mini.

I've posted him up on Cool Mini for anyone who cares to vote.

Well, here are the pictures:

Garden Ninja Painting Studios Check here for links to painting tutorials, discussions of mini news, recent studio projects and other cool stuff.

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Harlequin Titan

Postby BewareOfTom » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

wow, amazing stuff!

just IMHO I dont like the face >.<
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby A Luna » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:28 pm

sweet! Such a shame you didn't blend all the way in...
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Bone2pick
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Bone2pick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Hands down my favorite piece of yours to date. Love the model and you used just the right amount of pink to draw the eye in. Great centerpiece imo.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:19 pm

that thing is gonna give me nightmares.... that is a good thing btw.... that face is just..... -shivers-
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

odinsgrandson

Postby odinsgrandson » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah, I figure that nightmares is always a compliment. Thanks.
Garden Ninja Painting Studios Check here for links to painting tutorials, discussions of mini news, recent studio projects and other cool stuff.

sonofkitrinos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby sonofkitrinos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Have to agree with Luna on this one...the finished product looks great, but the obvious transitions between colours really hurts the mini (if it can be called mini). It almost looks rushed, or the time wasn't put in to really work those transitions. =( makes me sad.

But that's only when you get close and examine it, from afar, wow!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Nappen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Truely amazing, but I have to agree with Tom, the face just doesn't say harlequin. But still, amazing.
Everyday is better than the next...

DE: 10099pts/9974 painted llllllllll I was Fin! then I bought some more...

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Badger
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby Badger » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 am

nappen wrote:Truely amazing, but I have to agree with Tom, the face just doesn't say harlequin. But still, amazing.

I'm 90% sure the face is actually made from the Harlequin jetbike canopy, although I'm still not a huge fan of it here. The paint job is awesome though!
"Men follow courage, not treachery."

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Flindo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 pm

this thing looks creepy as hell, so mission accomplished I guess.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

imperialork3

Postby imperialork3 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 am

holy mother of clowns
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby A Luna » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 am

By the way, congratulations on getting the 'new and notable' on CMON!!!
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

steam

Postby steam » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:08 pm

My first reaction, when I saw this was, Holy mookey :shock:

Return to “Wargaming Miniature Painting”