It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Dez #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:57 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Yup! I'm gonna work on something every day, so this will be a nice project log. So far, I've worked on something every day this month as part of my silent resolution. I'll find pics to post of whatever wip stuff I have going on.

I'm mostly a modeller, so my work is going to mainly feature conversions. I'm also involved in the Army in a Year thread, so I'll have plenty of painting to do as well. I am going to really do my best to work on 3 different armies for a different system at the same time: Dark Eldar, Skaven and Trollbloods. I'm probably going to fall behind somewhere, unless I start using my airbrush.

So, I'm @dakkadez on twitter. I don't use twitter, so that will be a learning experience as well.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

Post subject: Re: Dez #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Yay Dez! I can't wait to see more of your conversions and painting!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Here is what I've done tonite, a Haemonculus:

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am 

I kept working last night, and got a Duke Sliscus conversion going on. I'm still debating over replacing the head. I've got some details to add, and of course I will build him a crazy base. I'd like to make something techy, in line with his ability to make all Raiders and Venoms deep striking.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Love the conversion, but the head is iffy for me. kind of looks like a scarecrow. I never liked that head at all

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 am 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I really like the head :3

but others may fit better though :D

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 am 

Tonite I worked on my Games Day Skaven model. Got some base coats done.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:54 am 

looking good! That yellow looks FANtastic

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am 

I'm really excited about painting this one, I kinda struggled with the other models I painted this month. I did paint that Marine in an hour...;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:43 am 

I did some more work on the Skaven tonite. I layered the purple and the teeth, as well as added some green to the warpstone and tubing. I'm really enjoying painting this model.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges
That is REALLY cool, I think changing the dukes head might be a good idea, I like it alright but it would excel with other heads, maybe a helmet
.... :mrgreen:

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 am 

Yesterday I did something real fun: Organizing! I have a couple boxes full of Spess Muhreenz, and I sorted almost all of it out. Yes, I like organizing. I like having everything where I know where it is, and huge unorganized boxes of stuff frustrate me. I have trays for my bits, and they are all separated. I'm talking left arms here, right arms there, this kind of bolter in here, this kind of bolter in there. It's like OCD.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 am 

Omg I have to do the same thing with my bits (mostly Ogre) With everything else, I'm the same way. My primer labels have to be facing out and everything is grouped by what they are ie. no primer on the basing shelf, no bits near the Stripping and priming shelf etc. It's a sickness :P

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am 

People usually freak out when they see how much stuff I have, and then to find out it's organized is brain asplode.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Some nice DE conversions there Dez! The Skaven is looking fantastic so far as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next