Imperial Fist Captain (finished)

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
gorgon_locke
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Imperial Fist Captain (finished)

Post by gorgon_locke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 pm

This is another part of the same commission I've just finished and photoed. Take a gander:

want the best looking paint job able to be commissioned?
http://kotaminipainting.com/

"When I saw that u painted a black mans skin to perfection I slightly peed myself!" -patapon 13

Boon
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Imperial Fist Captain (finished)

Post by Boon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

That is one very interesting conversion dude.
Any chance we can get some more pics showing off some of the details.
theBoonarmies.blogspot
check it out...
new post 2/12/2011

gorgon_locke
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by gorgon_locke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 pm

just packed him up... but what did you have in mind? I have a number of pics on my computer I can take pieces from for you if you like. lemme know what parts you wanna see dude :)

"When I saw that u painted a black mans skin to perfection I slightly peed myself!" -patapon 13

Bone2pick
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Bone2pick » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 pm

That sword is quite remarkable.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

Boon
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Boon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:50 pm

a decent front shot, chest, head, flamer etc.
theBoonarmies.blogspot
check it out...
new post 2/12/2011

gorgon_locke
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by gorgon_locke » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:19 am

these are the best I got through the painting process:

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:37 am

That's a Scibor torso isn't it? The flamer looks like a kitbash. can't see the legs well enough to see if they are GW or something else, and that sword looks really neat, and the painting on it is stunning.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

demarcosg
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by demarcosg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 am

hi, could you talk a little bit about how you did up the yellow?

gorgon_locke
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by gorgon_locke » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 am

the torso and shoulder pad on the sword arm are both scibor (I had to cut down the shoulder pad mid-way through painting it...really sucked matching the colour, but weathering helped cover that up some)
the sword is emperor's champion sword on a terminator arm from the dark angels sprue
the legs are forge world MK II armour (you may see more of that around sometime soon... all I'm gunna say about that)
and the flamer is comprised of traditional flamer nozzle, guitar wire, lacsannon 'scope', and flamer canister.

as for the yellow, I used P3 paints (Umbral Umber for shades and weathering, Idrian Flesh for the darkest colour (outside of crevices that the first paint would be inhabiting), and Cygnus Yellow as my base colour, working it up to Skull White).
I'll be making a tutorial on some terminators from the same commission soon, so I'll keep y'all in the loop about that. any more questions, just fire away (i'll be afk for this weekend tho, but don't worry; I'll be back)

MrDee
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by MrDee » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 am

thats very pretty. We like
If you try and fail, try harder

Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Khornate » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 am

Looks very nice ;)
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

Alpine262
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Alpine262 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:42 pm

2 words. Bad butt.

Sorry for the profanity, but I absolutely love his pose and the painting on it is really good. Nice work :P
Daemon Hunters: 2000+ points
Dark Elves: 2300 points

Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Khornate » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

I find it hilarious we discuss games about mass slaughter and combat but we can't say butt
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

Alpine262
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Alpine262 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Khornate wrote:I find it hilarious we discuss games about mass slaughter and combat but we can't say butt
I find it hilarious that it got changed to the word butt. Sounds like I was trying to be inappropriate or something.
Daemon Hunters: 2000+ points
Dark Elves: 2300 points

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Dilemma on the forums. It's family friendly, but butts have nothing to do with warhammer what so ever and slaughter does. You'd have to be 13+ anyway to play with WH (officially).

@Gorgon:
looks fantastic! Just bigger pics would be really appreciated next time. I always make mine 800x600 each. So the mini is pretty large on your screen so it leaves more options for people to leave feedback.
As for the rest: it sparkles. I must say, that IMO you overdid the yellow a bit. To much of that tone (yellow got powered by the red blade and orange hair too). The only thing that actually breaks it down a bit is the black. I like the sword a lot, still trying to master that technique myself. Maybe you could blend it more into eachother.
Other than that; very nice centerpiece in an army, fantastic.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube