Kid's Miniatures

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Kid's Miniatures

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 pm

I thought since several of us have kids we are getting into the hobby, we could have a thread showcasing some of their work. The pictures below are from my 12 year old daughter's, Kayla, Skaven army. Of course she had to tackle two of the biggest models in her army first!!!! If anyone else wants to show off their kid's work, please feel free to post them to this thread. Image
Image :twisted:
Last edited by Greywolf on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Solid_Smurf
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Kid's Miniatures

Post by Solid_Smurf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:11 pm

THATS AWESOME!
I might not be the best, but I've made who ever is quite nervous.
*recovering from games workshop*

Greywolf
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks Solid Smurf. She worked really hard on these. She is in the process of putting together one of her clanrat units now.
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Solid_Smurf
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Solid_Smurf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:18 pm

I work in a ceramics studio where kids come in to paint all the time, it makes me happy to see kids paint.
I might not be the best, but I've made who ever is quite nervous.
*recovering from games workshop*

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Yeah, it is relaxing for both of us to pick up a paintbrush together. I have taken the kids to a place similiar where the kids can paint tiles. It was great fun. She may be putting me to shame here soon!!!!
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:04 pm

What in god's name has your kid been feeding her pet rats?!?!

They look like they're mutated beyond belief!!!

:lol:

Tell Kayla that if she keeps this up that she'll have an awesome army in no time. Looking forward to seeing the rest of her Skaven horde.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks Stephen. I called her in to read your comment, she was very flattered. Yeah, those mutated rats look wierd, but she loves them. Probably part of the appeal at her age. And those Clan Moulder freaks really know how to sew body parts together!!!! :mrgreen:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:44 pm

Glad your daughter enjoyed the praise (for some reason kids just love me).
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 pm

As talked about in another thread, it's gotta be the WAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Well, if her painting is as good as her gaming, I'm sure she will have it knocked out in no time. :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

somewherez
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by somewherez » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow that's really cool!(this is coming from a lizardmen player so)Tell her they look awsome but the lizardmen will still beat them. :P Is it okay if I post some of my brothers work on here?He's 8.
"We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder, for ours is the true path and none shall defy us"

projekt_26
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by projekt_26 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Kayla did a fantastic job on these skaven.

If this is any indication of her skill in painting, I eagerly anticipate seeing her entire army painted.

She has surpassed my small amount of skill.

You must be one proud father :)
BUGS!!!!

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks so much for the compliments projekt and somewherez. I have been letting Kayla read her feedback and I'm sure she will want to see these comments as well. And yes, I am very proud. Considering she has ADHD, to be able to participate in a detail oriented hobby like this speaks volumes to her dedication. And yes somewherez, by all means, please post any miniatures painted by kids you like. I would say to keep it in perspective, probably no one over 14. Older than that and most of them can paint better than us adults!!!! But your brother's work is definitely welcome. :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm 14 and my painting is DEFINATLY not grade A (Grade C would be cutting it).

Course my paints/ brushes are in some pretty rough condition but yea. I'll see if I can get some of my little bros stuff on here then.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:44 pm

By all means Stephen, post them up. Don't take offense to the age thing. 14 was just an arbitrary number I decided on. I am a little older than you and I remember 15 being the age you started your driver's education to get your permit. So I just equate that with the minor age cutoff. With the maturity level of some people, it can be hard to use the word "kid" to describe them. And I am sure your minis are fine. No matter the quality, it is still better to play games with painted than unpainted miniatures. I will play with unpainted ones if need be, but I definitely prefer to have all of the minis in the game painted. Kind of defeats the purpose of painting minis and building awesome looking terrain if you have to field unpainted ones! :twisted:
Gaming in Sanford, NC