DrBored's Painting Journal - Pic Heavy - 8/31 pg. 10

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 05/30 pg. 6

Post by DrBored » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 pm

comissar-scarpio wrote:i'm just now picking up on IG but my old army is about 2,500 points of nurgle-y khornate goodness... i've wanted to add some slaanesh for a while... this would add into my color scheme... is it cool if i use your method on some noise marines (and maybe my IG)?? i saw how you painted the green but how did you paint the bright blue-ies on the noise marines...

i wish my apocalypse chaos land speeder was painted because i'd def post a pic...
it;s slaanesh because i thought speed seemed to fit him best... its got a dozer blade, a havoc launcher a heavy flames and a twin-linked bolter... i just thought you might like that...
You can use the techniques and color schemes. Just be sure to refer people to where you got the inspiration.

I used Enchanted Blue as a base, and then Ice Blue to do highlights on the blue parts.

And it'd be sweet to see that vehicle!

DrBored

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 05/30 pg. 6

Post by DrBored » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Whew, been a little while since I updated this!

Got a few new pictures for you. I've completed what may end up being my new Sorcerer, but who knows with me, eh? I've made lots of HQ's that I became disenchanted by later on. This one is certainly my best, however.

So, here's the current Chaos Sorcerer, complete with Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, and Winds of Chaos. (The wings are modeled by using the Daemonette claws. I'll just say they're folded up :P)

A little GS work, along with bits from the Chaos Predator, Necron Lord, Daemonettes, and the backpack from Fabius Bile, along with some Possessed legs and a Power Fist for flavor. (Sorcerers can't have Power Fists, but it looks so gosh darn good.)

Now for what I've been working on for the Army Painter Motivational Challenge!

My challenge is a total of 1300 points, essentially the models that I have yet to receive, build, or paint for my 2000 point army. That means 130 per month!

Here's what constitutes the last of the Chaos Marines I have to paint for my army. Most of the infantry are done, all that remains is the Icon of Chaos Glory banner holder and the Lesser Daemons in terms of Infantry. Well, if you don't count the HQ's and the Obliterators anyway.

Hope you like! I'll post a full-army picture after I get that Icon painted.

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 07/22 pg. 6

Post by Ashran » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 am

*pokes with stick*
*pokes again*
It's alive!

on topic: the new squad looks cool as ever but what's with "Caster" on the one guy's base?
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

DrBored

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 07/22 pg. 6

Post by DrBored » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Ashran wrote:*pokes with stick*
*pokes again*
It's alive!

on topic: the new squad looks cool as ever but what's with "Caster" on the one guy's base?
That's his name. I name squad leaders and HQ's. That's Sgt. Caster. I'll take a picture of the other named characters I've completed and post those later.

DrBored

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 10/21 pg. 6

Post by DrBored » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Whew. About time I got back into this. It's been so long! No updates for almost 3 months? Yeesh.

Alright, well, the past couple months have been pretty busy for me. School started back up (senior year, woo!) and I've had to jump through a lot of hoops.

First, the whole army.

The only thing I'm missing is the Daemon Prince. I'm biding my time until the rumored new Daemon Prince is released with a new wave of Chaos Daemons. I'm hoping that it comes sooner than later!

Next, my finished Plasma Gun squad and my primed Obliterators. I'll show closer pictures of the new Land Raider and Defiler later on.

Hope you like!

Snake Eyes
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Snake Eyes » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Wow! So much chaos, so little time. I canme here to do two things; kill chaos and chew bubble gum... and I am all out of bubble gum
Add Me On Xbox live: T7zAIN WR3K

DrBored

Post by DrBored » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Made some more progress! got my Chaos Sorcerer fully painted recently, and I'm very proud of how it turned out! This is a huge chunk of points to my army, and in one single model I'm able to say that over a month of the Army Painter Motivational Challenge is done! Nifty huh? Next will be my Obliterators, and if I can get them done in good time, I'll be way ahead of schedule points wise.

Snake Eyes
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 11/01 pg. 6

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Nice job on the freehand, I like the highlights.

DrBored

Post by DrBored » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:Nice job on the freehand, I like the highlights.
Thanks very much :D

Aloh'Kais

Post by Aloh'Kais » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:11 pm

I bow down to the awesomeness of your conversions.
2500 points of Tau (of which roughly 1750 actually are useful)
750 points of Kroot Mercenaries (Kompletely Kroot)
1150 points of IG and Inquisition

The Ethereal is not amused

Don't pay attention to anything I say about Fire Warriors.

Poice
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Poice » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:22 pm

i love the colors and the paint job, but i think on the power swords there needs to be a different color for contrast.
Fly safe

link6413
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by link6413 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:18 am

Well it's been a while since I checked this thread and I have to say they all look fantastic. I especially liked the Daemonette with Grand Lord Dokuhebi. That was a nice touch.
All pay homage to the PlagueFather!

Please check out my Nurgle force at My Nurgle Army.

Enter for a chance to win a Battalion or Battleforce at http://mybattalion.com/. Be sure to check out the contests tab for info (300X5 to be exact).

DrBored

Post by DrBored » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Aloh'Kais wrote:I bow down to the awesomeness of your conversions.
Thank you so much! :D
Poice wrote:i love the colors and the paint job, but i think on the power swords there needs to be a different color for contrast.
Thank you! And yeah, I considered going for Red, and I may still redo it, but the nature of layering makes me hesitant to do that unless I strip the paint off of the sword. Fixing it right off the bat would make it look goopy.
link6413 wrote:Well it's been a while since I checked this thread and I have to say they all look fantastic. I especially liked the Daemonette with Grand Lord Dokuhebi. That was a nice touch.
Thank you very much!

DrBored

Post by DrBored » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:07 pm

So, I've extended my army into two armies. One is the 2000 point army that I've been working on. The new army is a 1500 point 'extension' that exists as an army in and of itself and will worship a different god (Tzeentch) but will share the same color scheme.

The goal for me, remember, is to have a 4000 point apocalypse army of Chaos Space Marines. This gets me very close, and with the addition of more Sonic Blaster Noise Marines I'll be there.

So, without further adieu, pics!

First, my new Slaanesh Daemon Prince. I used the lower body of a Ravener and bits from the Possessed Chaos Marine box to make him. He's much MUCH smaller than most Daemon Princes out there, but he has the appropriate size base, and I rather like the idea of a small, deadly-fast daemon prince. Fits the Slaanesh theme, no?

Next, I read a post that was confused about the words at the bottom of a few of the bases. Those are the names of various squad leaders. To mark squad leaders as particularly unique, I paint a rune on the base (starting with Dark Angels green and layering up to Scorpion Green) and I also write their name on the side of the base (Layering from Goblin Green up to Rotting Flesh). Here are the ones I've done so far!

And, of course, here are ALL of the models between the two armies. Slaanesh on the left, Tzeentch on the right.

The new HQ's for the Tzeentch army. Well, one of them I modeled a long time ago, and I will now be using it as a Chaos Lord of Tzeentch on a Bike. The other is fresh and new.

And fresh new Chosen. Like the Sorcerer above, I used bits from the Possessed box and mashed and mixed regular CSM and also the Chaos Warrior Knights from the Warhammer Fantasy range. That's also how I made the following bikes! Some of the Chosen were older models that I had posed and played with and had fun making particularly dynamic poses. Enjoy!

And now the new 'Bikers'

And lastly, my Land Raider for my Slaanesh army, complete with a Daemonette holding a banner (highlighting Daemonic Possession), a Dirge Caster, and a pair of slaves from the Dark Eldar Slaves blister! Also note the icon of nurgle skeleton on the back!

Now I just have to prime and paint them all! The Daemon Prince still needs some Green Stuff work on the wings before he's ready to be primed, but the two armies are all completely built at the very least!

Snake Eyes

Re: DrBored's "Unmarked" CSM Journal - Pic Heavy - 11/08 pg. 7

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:21 pm

:o You have a lot of chaos!

I am not digging the slanesh demon prince too much, simply because I feel the torso is a little too bulky for a demon prince of slanesh.

on the flip side, I think your army is coming along very well, I think I might steal the idea of writing the squad leader's names on the bases.