Painting Bootcamp:The Basics DVD Problems

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Greystoke
Silver Vault Member

Painting Bootcamp:The Basics DVD Problems

Post by Greystoke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:24 pm

I am having problems with the DVD that I got in the mail today. Several of the videos just won't load up. I have tried the disc in my DVD player, my PS3, and my laptop. There are no scratches or visible marks on the disc (it is brand spanking new), but I just can't get about half the videos to work. What vids I can see are great though.

I want to know if anyone has some suggestions so that I can try to correct this problem.

thanks.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Painting Bootcamp:The Basics DVD Problems

Post by A Luna » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Perhaps an error in the DVD. Or maybe... do you live in Europe (or atleast outside north america)? DVD's from USA normally don't work in Europe.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Solid_Smurf
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Solid_Smurf » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Could it be a zone issue?
As in the DVD is from the US and you live in England?
or something like that?

(darn ninja)
I might not be the best, but I've made who ever is quite nervous.
*recovering from games workshop*

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Solid_Smurf wrote:(darn ninja)
Stealthy as always 8)
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 pm

The DVD is Region-Free, NTSC encoded. However, if you can play one video on the Disc, the rest are encoded in the same fashion and so that shouldn't be an issue.

In any case, you'll need to contact support@miniwargaming.com.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sebell » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm

I've already sent my email off to support. But to add to this my dvd which arrived today finally after USPS sent it to Belgium has problems too, 3 chapters of the dvd will not play. Seems that there might be a bit of a bad run at the manufacture.
Raven Guard: 2000 and growing
Painting eyes are the bane of my existence.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

Greystoke
Silver Vault Member

Post by Greystoke » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:05 am

I live in Newfoundland Canada, so there is no problem with the disc being made in North America. I will contact customer support today. thanks.

lordkodath
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by lordkodath » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 pm

It is only the first video I can't play..and I know we aren't teh only ones who have had issues. I emailed customer support, and they said they would post the video on their site, but I have yet to find it. To say I am less than satisfied is an enormous understatement.