Da Necrons need some colour!

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Stephen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Stephen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 am

How about an Obsidian theme (it's a type of rock that looks like a black glass.)

You paint up the 'Cons a really nice jet black, make any details (eyes, rods on guns, etc) that cool blue color from that one pic up there.

that'd probably look pretty good.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Dtram
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting Pledge
Location: Where the Orks frolic side by side, on roving hills and in gumdrop forests

Post by Dtram » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Stephen wrote:How about an Obsidian theme (it's a type of rock that looks like a black glass.)

You paint up the 'Cons a really nice jet black, make any details (eyes, rods on guns, etc) that cool blue color from that one pic up there.

that'd probably look pretty good.
Hmm, that actually sounds really good!
I've seen some black painted ones before, but this sounds a bit different to that, but one problem that I would probably encounter is that I wouldn't know how to make the black look metalic.

I guess I could go over the black parts with that gloss, but unless theres another way to do it with actual paints, please tell me.

Thanks heaps for posting!

Beren the half-elf
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Beren the half-elf » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Well you could add a tad of boltgun metal or you could coat it with 'ardcoat gloss varnish! :P

Glad to help!
I am you and you are me, and both of us are one,
who am I, I ask, you ask, the guessing game's begun