New guy, looking for feedback etc.

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
JayeL
Now we're getting somewhere...

New guy, looking for feedback etc.

Post by JayeL » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi ladies and gents, I'm a new member to these forums and have been painting minis on and off for a long time now, but over the last load of years I've only been able to knock out a handful of minis.

I'm looking for feedback on a mini I've recently completed and a particularly looking for tips on how to improve my NMM.

Here is a link to the mini:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/427500

all comments and criticisms gratefully received, J.

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: New guy, looking for feedback etc.

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:44 pm

your NMN is clutch.. There is a italian company that produces a range of paints specifically to do this effect, I cant remember the name of the company, but your scheme matched almost exactly.

I think the area to improve is actually the base as opposed to the model - have you thought of putting the model on a polished wooden block?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

JayeL
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by JayeL » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:42 am

Thanks for the feedback, you're right a wooden block would make the whole thing look much better. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything the right size, cheers.

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:38 pm

You can get wooden plinths for trophies at some trophy places or at some hobby stores. I have never used them -- but you are more skilled than I am.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--