New here and first mini painted!

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Dgrptr
Now we're getting somewhere...

New here and first mini painted!

Post by Dgrptr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm super excited to have one done but I'm curious about feedback on how you think the paint job looks? Any help would be great thanks.

Curious how to attach a picture as well

-jared

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: New here and first mini painted!

Post by Imperia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 pm

To post a picture on the forum, you will need to upload your photos to a photo hosting site, a pretty common one is Photobucket, once it is on their, Photobucket have an IMG link, simply copy that and paste it into your text as you type here on the forum, then voila! it is there.

Welcome to the Hobby!

Dgrptr

Post by Dgrptr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:49 pm

This is the first mini I've ever done. Any criticisms would be appreciated. Compliments also welcome.

Imperia

Post by Imperia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:04 pm

For your very first, thats pretty impressive, natural talent? Just remember that truly impressive models are always a result of years of practice, so never feel like your models aren't up to scratch, although that bloodletter is good!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:55 am

The guy looks nice! It's an impressive first model for sure! My only criticism would be that the separation between the foward part of the head and the back of it is really obvious, but this has nothing to do with painting, but with modelling instead. You might want to clean up a little more the joint next time so that the pieces fit together. I have no experience with Bloodletters, so I'm not sure if it will be enough or if you should consider using liquid green stuff (if you try this, check a guide on the internet beforehand. It's a bit technical to use). A veteran Chaos Daemons modelist might be more helping.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Iguana1981
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Iguana1981 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 am

Great model, especially as it is your first!

As Kov mentioned, the gap in the head will need the use of something like liquid green stuff or plastic putty to fill before painting, it takes a couple of layers as, when it dries it shrinks then file back the excess and base coat.

Great job keep them coming!
Chaos ~ 679PL/11998 Dark Angels ~ 282PL/5449 Tau ~ 121PL /2152 Eldar ~ 217PL/3828

Chrissmith785 on Instagram

Merdynn
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Merdynn » Mon May 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Only thing I can add is for you to add some shading, unless my eyesight is worsening, he "Looks" all red? Try Carroburg Crimson shade by Citadel, put it on semi-thick. Use it on the skin and tongue.

DaOrkyBitz
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Bloodletters were my first too and I can honestly say you started out alot better than I was. Good work!

lipiec

Post by lipiec » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:16 pm

This model is very good for a first ever painted mini. Nice job!!!