MiniWargaming Gamer's Armies on Parade 2017!

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: MiniWargaming Gamers Own Armies on Parade 2016!

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 pm

boli wrote:Five years! Dammit when did it become 2017?
I know right?! Ugh

I've been in modeling for around 30 but only got back into miniatures the last like 3 or 4 years now. So much has changed! in a better way, I was amazed.

Anyway! will do - I love to watch progress so always good to see more =D

Also

*placeholder*

Gonna get rest of my stuff in here soon I hope!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Mommas Waaaagh

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Whole Waaaagh!

Left

Middle

Right

They seem so little all spread out like that :( and not nearly as much painted as I'd hoped. I didn't include the 3 or so other trukks I have in pieces (really need to get to those... sigh)

Anyway, here's hoping 2017 will be the year of the waaaagh! :D

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:51 am

@realgone: Awesome! Absolutly stunning work! That's a whole lot of terminators you got there.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:58 am

Sounds like you are 6 terminators short for a start. Looking good though!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Beautiful! I love the thousand sons ever since I started reading horus heresy they're my second favorite legion (first being Luna Wolves). You've done a great job on them!

jealous of your display cabinet :P

also like how you've done the citadel wood, it looks eerie that way!

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:06 pm

Rouven wrote:
Rouven wrote: I'm going to post some pics of my Tau army before the 31st.
31st January... :wink: :oops:

I would like to finish painting one or two more minis before I take the pictures.
So, here they are. I have got many more Tau models, but I only included the fully painted ones in this picture. There is a half-finished commander on my desk, two half-finished Piranhas, some more fire warriors and I also have got some of the larger battlesuits (e.g. two Ghostkeels...).

Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:25 pm

@Realgone Your army is absolutely amazing! You actually have more TS models painted up than me and I started playing in 2002 no less... Congratulations on your dedication to the cause of knowledge and progress in the galaxy.

Everybody has awesome armies here, so I can't cover all them. Cheers to you all! There is so much talent on this forum!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 am

@Rouven: Great looking army! Those are a hell of a lot of drones!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Sperian wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:@Rouven: Great looking army! Those are a hell of a lot of drones!
Haha that was exactly my thoughts too!
Yeah, that's true. I like the models - they are easy to paint and they look very different from the models in other armies. Moreover, they might look the same from this angle, but I have 14 gun and 10 marker drones - so they fulfill very different tasks on the battlefield. (I have to say that I haven't tried out the marker drones yet, but I'd like to combine them with a commander with drone control.)
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

batbatty
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by batbatty » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:07 am

I didn't see any Eldar (Aeldari?!) on this thread, so I figured I'd toss up a picture from a few months ago, I unfortunately haven't had the chance to add a whole bunch as of late but now I'm getting back into it, so here are a few pictures!

The Dire Avengers, my favourite

And my Wraithknight, my pride and joy!

All four of the aspect warriors I own - one of each painted

My Seer Council

Painted in 2018:
Aeldari: 1 Autarch, 1 Wave Serpent

batbatty
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by batbatty » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm

It was really easy! I took an old brush brush (it was from the dollarstore, very wide and thick cheap bristles) with White Scar, and dabbed the brush along the top of the face plate, keeping it away from the edges. Then I made a blue wash with Kantor Blue and Lemian Medium, and did that over the entire faceplate, and finished it by "liberating" some old nail polish varnish/gloss from my girlfriends collection so it would have a thick and uneven feel to it.

Also looking forward to what your forces look like on parade General!
Painted in 2018:
Aeldari: 1 Autarch, 1 Wave Serpent