MiniWargaming Gamer's Armies on Parade 2017!

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

MiniWargaming Gamer's Armies on Parade 2017!

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Post your army shots in this thread! Don't worry about what you don't have finished, post away anyway :) we all want to see - and plus, this way you'll have a reference shot for 2017, that you can look back on, after you've done a bunch more work and go "look at what I've accomplished!" ^_^

I intend to do one post per Army type myself - but feel free to mix it up. You can always Spoiler multiple pictures if you're worried about those with slower internet connections too.

If anyone needs a place to temporarily upload their pics, you can email it to me at guildenstern@forgottenplanet.com (I may resize if that's ok). Or there's always the old standbys photobucket and imgur!

Let's see those Armies!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Guildy's Skrib Nibblers! (Skaven)

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:12 pm

So, here are my Skrib Nibblers. This is aprox 5019 points. Mostly painted. Still a few models to go. I only put up anything I had on a base. So there are some unfortunately not added to this, like my 40+ metal stormvermin, more PMs, and a bunch of characters I've not got to yet.

These are small versions - you can click on the image for a larger version. Sorry for bad lighting, only place I have to take these pics is on our gaming board and apparently daylight from the back is not a good source of light :(

^^ Left side of picture: [back row] Warlord + Litter; 10 Rat Ogres & Packmaster (6 of the new Stormfiends); [middle row] WLC (Old); Doomwheel (old), 2 new Doomwheels; WLC (new); [front row] 7 Weapon teams, Warp globey thing, Warpfire throwers and 2 rattling cannons

^^ Middle of picture: [back row] New Vermin Lord; 2 HPA; Screaming Bell; 9 gutter runners; [middle row] 60 Plague Monks and Plague Priest with Plague Furnace; 19 Giant rats + Packmaster; [Front Row] 2 Warlock Engineers; Ikit Claw; 2 Assassins

Right side of Picture: [back row] 120 Skavenslaves; ~20 Clanrats (1 wandered off somewhere); [middle row] 20 Stormvermin; 2 blocks of 30 Clanrats; [front row] 5 Plague Censor Bearers (metal unpainted sadly)

^^ View from front, trying ot get a better look at the characters etc

Guildenstern

CAV:SO merks

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:17 pm

These are my small force for CAV:SO - which I haven't had a chance to play yet! They're just going to be mercs (not aligned directly to any one faction). Honestly not sure I have the weapons exactly on right atm, they're only together for this picture, not glued or anything (still in the pile of 'needs mold lines removed').

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: MiniWargaming Gamers Own Armies on Parade 2016!

Post by Rouven » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:49 am

I think this is a great idea and since I've wanted to take a few photos of my two armies anyway, I might as well share the pictures with you. Please excuse the bad picture quality, but I guess it's good enough to get an impression.

Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:43 am

This would be great, but don't really have time this close to Christmas! Besides, digging up 9k points of chaos and ~6k IG(most of the unfinished stuff is on sprues or in bits) is kind of a tedious task!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:14 am

@Rouven: Waaaagh! That's awesome =D my pics aren't great either so no worries lol

@Arnathos: no worries, it's not like we have to close this before the end of the year :P And I know what you mean about getting all the models out omg. I still have my Skaven out because I haven't had time to put them back up lol

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:19 am

Yeah, I'll get bored tonight and break out everything... Wait, no, have to be tomorrow, sister-in-law's birthday party tonight.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Those orks look great i remember some of those minis being released and they still look fresh as ever!
It's grim? It's dark? Sounds like my thing .....

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Those crons look great spearian! :)
It's grim? It's dark? Sounds like my thing .....

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:29 pm

wow Necrons lol yeah wasn't expecting that either - they look awesome! Going to try to get my orks up soon, not that they're even close to being done. Dunno if I'll do sons armies or no

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:09 am

@ Guildenstern, Sperian, Litanyoffury: Thanks a lot!

The Necron army looks really impressive.

I'm going to post some pics of my Tau army before the 31st.
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)