Help: too much paint on my models face!

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
lucky-lad
Now we're getting somewhere...

Help: too much paint on my models face!

Post by lucky-lad » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:05 pm

So I'm painting a female commissar for my imperial guard army and everything was going great until I tried to paint on her eyes. As the title suggests I ended up putting too many layers trying to fix her time and time again. Minute details aren't as clear anymore and its very frustrating since I had her face down almost perfect before. I was curious if there was a way to strip just her face to restart or what you all do in this situation. I REALLY don't want to strip the whole model because I'm very proud how the rest of her has turned out thus far. Any feedback is highly appreciated, thanks to all who read this.

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Help: too much paint on my models face!

Post by sonofkitrinos » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Rig it so just her head is soaking in acetone?
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

lucky-lad
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Help: too much paint on my models face!

Post by lucky-lad » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:18 pm

......that is ingeniously simple. well I feel a little stupid hahaha