Colour Scheme

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Concreteus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Colour Scheme

Post by Concreteus » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:33 am

So with the release of the nid codex I'm finally starting to paint the nids I have hiding in my house, I'm trying a new colour pallete out and thought I'd get peoples opinions here in order to help me get a good looking for by the end of it.

This is how I'm putting on the base coats, it's a mix of 3 colours which are black olive green and white.

So this is my base coat of what I think my main colours are going to be. I went a grey-ish white skin and a blue that cascades from dark to light.

Obviously these are simply the base colours but I'm very interested to hear if people think this combination looks ok? I will be adding the scratching pattern to the carapace sections and I'm thinking green scratches with some white scratches thrown in as well.

I'm also trying to wrap my mind around what colour to make the bone parts as I think a normal bone colour (that yellowish colour) might stand out too much, so I'd be interested in finding out peoples opinions in this as well.

gorgon_locke
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Colour Scheme

Post by gorgon_locke » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:42 pm

brighter highlights for better contrast and you'll be fine (on the blue). Also, you may want to add a reddish brown or brownish orange to the shade of the white as something to try
want the best looking paint job able to be commissioned?
http://kotaminipainting.com/

"When I saw that u painted a black mans skin to perfection I slightly peed myself!" -patapon 13