Basing For Death Guard army

Want to learn how to paint miniatures better? Have a picture you want to show off? Here is where you can do it!
Lexicon
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re:

Post by Lexicon » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Stephen wrote:Well I may be doing Eldar but here are some things that I'm doing (or would like to do) for base works.

City Rubble:--This may be the oldest trick in the book, but they get old because they work. What you do is you take some extra sprue, clip it into appropiatly sized peices, and scratch the heck out of it with your X-acto, or clippers.

Sandstone ledge.

Useful with Saergents and other charecter, You just take a small slab of rock, stick it on the base, and super glue the piece on top.

Silly question but with the city rubble do you place the mini on the rubble just as you would the for the slab?

Stephen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Basing For Death Guard army

Post by Stephen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:18 am

Lexicon wrote:
Stephen wrote:Well I may be doing Eldar but here are some things that I'm doing (or would like to do) for base works.

City Rubble:--This may be the oldest trick in the book, but they get old because they work. What you do is you take some extra sprue, clip it into appropiatly sized peices, and scratch the heck out of it with your X-acto, or clippers.

Sandstone ledge.

Useful with Saergents and other charecter, You just take a small slab of rock, stick it on the base, and super glue the piece on top.

Silly question but with the city rubble do you place the mini on the rubble just as you would the for the slab?

Oops. Sorry about that. pretty much you just glue it around the model. Though you could have a character leaning on it or something. with rubble realy the only limit is you imagination.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

lotrmaster6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by lotrmaster6 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:41 am

Just upload some pictures of both themes, so we can say wich we like best ;).
Kind Regards,

Lotrmaster6

Stephen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Stephen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Would but most of my minis are still in the assembly stage.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

cmkinsac
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by cmkinsac » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:59 pm

if they are nurgle guys, then you could first use green stuff, or just do mounds of dried superglue which I have to do for grass mounds for my bases, to get some dimension to the base. Then take hair and glue it to the base, then to a part of their lower foot, making sure it doesnt sag, but stays mostly strait, then just layer over it with either super glue (and let that dry) or green stuff. Then just paint it a mucusy color and varnish it. That and some toxin bubbles on the ground should give the idea of death and disease.

I dont have any examples of this, sorry, but maybe I can find a spare base and a spare set of legs to give an example with.