February Space Marine mega-challenge!

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.

Moderator: edsgotjive

which one?

A Luna
77%
Smartah
17%
edsgotjive
3%
Epic Duck Mike
3%
fluffyfen
No votes
Ximmons
No votes

Total votes: 30

edsgotjive
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill

February Space Marine mega-challenge!

Postby edsgotjive » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 pm

A Luna:

Smartah:

edsgotjive:

Epic Duck Mike:

fluffyfen:

Ximmons:

red flags to Dez, Guilty, and kavika0311
Shop Smart...Shop S-Mart.

sonofkitrinos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: February Space Marine mega-challenge!

Postby sonofkitrinos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I like ximmons NMM attempt.
I like all the freehand that went into smartahs
I like the base for Luna's

Not really feeling the captain holding the helmet
Not digging the glow and armour on Luna's
Noticed the joints of smartahs weren't done
Te flesh on the librarian is good but feels unfinished
The rest if ximmons has a strangely out of place feel to the NMM

Ultimately went for smartah due to the extensive free hand work.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Sir I would like to point out that I never accepted said challenge :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 pm

If I could pick 2, Smartah and Luna would get my votes hands down. Technically Luna has the better painted mini, but Smartah really went above and beyod her "normal" set of skills, while I think Luna gave us exactly what we'd expect of a painter of his calibre. It was a tough choice! And really what I said about Smartah applies to most of the models - it's great to see up-and-coming painters extending their skills :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby xand » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 pm

I liked them all and the painting skills are excellent. I had to go with A Luna because every time I looked at the swords, I swear I saw the energy moving on them! That is the coolest effect ever, like some sort of energon blade!
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

edsgotjive
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill

Postby edsgotjive » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Like (almost) everyone else, I vote A Luna. I think the A stands for awesomeness! The yellow, blue, and red are perfect together, and the armor especially is fantastic. Props to Smartah for the freehand and Mike for the super-smooth DC. Nice work all and hopefully we'll see you all back again next month.
Shop Smart...Shop S-Mart.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby A Luna » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Totally forgot about the DM.
I went (little late) for Smartah. Those colors work well, but you could smooth out colors and add more highlights for a larger contrast.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Return to “Archive of Past Deathmatches”