It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

which one?
A Luna 77%  77%  [ 23 ]
Smartah 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
edsgotjive 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Epic Duck Mike 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
fluffyfen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ximmons 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill
A Luna:

Smartah:

edsgotjive:

Epic Duck Mike:

fluffyfen:

Ximmons:

red flags to Dez, Guilty, and kavika0311

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I like ximmons NMM attempt.
I like all the freehand that went into smartahs
I like the base for Luna's

Not really feeling the captain holding the helmet
Not digging the glow and armour on Luna's
Noticed the joints of smartahs weren't done
Te flesh on the librarian is good but feels unfinished
The rest if ximmons has a strangely out of place feel to the NMM

Ultimately went for smartah due to the extensive free hand work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Sir I would like to point out that I never accepted said challenge :)

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
If I could pick 2, Smartah and Luna would get my votes hands down. Technically Luna has the better painted mini, but Smartah really went above and beyod her "normal" set of skills, while I think Luna gave us exactly what we'd expect of a painter of his calibre. It was a tough choice! And really what I said about Smartah applies to most of the models - it's great to see up-and-coming painters extending their skills :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I liked them all and the painting skills are excellent. I had to go with A Luna because every time I looked at the swords, I swear I saw the energy moving on them! That is the coolest effect ever, like some sort of energon blade!

Check out my WIP here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:38 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill
Like (almost) everyone else, I vote A Luna. I think the A stands for awesomeness! The yellow, blue, and red are perfect together, and the armor especially is fantastic. Props to Smartah for the freehand and Mike for the super-smooth DC. Nice work all and hopefully we'll see you all back again next month.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Totally forgot about the DM.
I went (little late) for Smartah. Those colors work well, but you could smooth out colors and add more highlights for a larger contrast.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]