It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:12 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
It is time to crown a new King of the Hill. For those who don't know, this is an all comers-one mini-painting challenge, winner take all.

Here is the plan:

1) post suggested minis here. Deadline for suggestions is 30 November, with a poll that will run the first week in December (so you can ask for it to be under the tree :wink: ).
a) No nudity please
b) Models must be available for purchase
c) Please post the picture, not a link for your suggestions

2) Pics of the painted minis are due by the last week in February with judging the first week in march.
a) moderate basing is okay-meaning flocking etc. No additional "scenery" should be attached and it must be on the original/supplied base.
b) No converting, but you are free to use whatever is supplied in the kit-ie your choice of weapon, head etc-but no external bits or greenstuffing it...judging will be on painting, not converting.
b) judging will be by a panel-yet to be identified.

3) All participants recieve a microbadge and the winner gets a winner's badge and bragging rights.
a) I will throw in a small prize for the winner as well from my "I will never get around to painting it" closet. I don't know what it is yet, so don't ask :wink:

I think that hits all the highlights.

DE: 8640pts/8420 painted llllllllll
Lots of other stuff yet to be painted.

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
hhmmmm, Crom the Conqueror by chance? That or a Necron Overlord?
Happy Wargaming

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:24 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Ferrus Manus from Forge World, it should be released by then

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat640010a&prodId=prod800848

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat640010a&prodId=prod1070007a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat640010a&prodId=prod1250032a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440280a&prodId=prod1460181a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440279a&prodId=prod1460183a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1140003&prodId=prod1190021a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat660004a&prodId=prod1300012a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat860007a&prodId=prod2130084a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440090a&prodId=prod20010

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat570035a&prodId=prod1160146a

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440054a&prodId=prod780848

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440033a&prodId=prod1390120a

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Pictures not links please.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Yeah I realized after I posted...lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Goorbad Ironclaw

Tetto'eko

Tau XV8 Battlesuit commander

uhm.... i'll think of more and add em later

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:16 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I like a lot of the suggestions, particularly the ones 25 or less. The wood elf spell singer is a cool model and of course I love skaven...that is why you can't leave it to me :)

Which brings my new question...should we put a price limit?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:58 am 

Haha I know everyone can't afford the Ferrus Manus model, but I love it.

Love the idea of Ikit Klaw!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am 

I love the FW model too! Actually one of SOK's suggestions looks similiar.

Any suggested price limit or is that a dumb idea? I would like to maximize opportunity for participation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 am 

I think the actual voting will decide, no need to put a cap on it. The ones getting involved probably won't see price as an obstacle. That said, having it at this time of year (during the Holidays) people will probably have some Xmas Cash. I happen to have a birthday at the same time too, FULL PRIMARCH DIORAMA!!! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:22 am 

I can't find a price on that one...is it anywhere when and how much it will be available.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:26 am 

55 Pounds Sterling, so roughly $87.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am 

THX, I couldn't find it. I was looking under 40k, not Horus Heresy :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:29 am 

It's hidden in the header on this page http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Ferrus_Manus.html