June Painting Deathmatch

Formerly "Painting Deathmatch"

Monthly One-on-One and group Hobby Challenges! Settle your differences in the ring! Not for the paint of heart. (Ha! see what we did there?)
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

June Painting Deathmatch

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed May 31, 2017 12:53 pm

Have a competitive itch? Need motivation to paint that model sitting on the shelf? Just want to hangout and have fun painting models?

All are welcome, Just come and post what you have or are wanting to paint and find a challenger here.

Please post your Challenges in Bold to make them easier to find for me, it would be much appreciated.

I will keep an updated list of challengers in the Original Post so that everyone can see the various challenges. If you have any questions feel free to PM.

Also, one last thing. Would anyone be up for a return of the Painting Deathmatch Headliner event?

Current Challenges:

General-Kroll VS LordMcAllister - One character model

SweetSorrow Vs LordMcAllister - One Monstrous Calvary Batbatty vs. General Kroll vs Dheti vs SweetSorrow - 5 man Infantry Squad

Batbatty vs. SweetSorrow - One Character

Lets try and get more this month than we did last month. We are all friends here afterall, just a little bit of competition.
Last edited by SweetSorrow on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: June Painting Deathmatch

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed May 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Sperian wrote:Yes a themed headline event would be good.

One suggestion though, it might work better if you did it how Dez used to do it; create a submission thread for photos and open the polls for voting one the deadline for submission has passes, otherwise people can vote before all the pics are submitted.

I do appreciate you trying to get this up and running again as i always found it motivated me to paint better, its just a shame more people dont vote
You know, I like this Idea. I will try and keep it in mind for next month. And instead of putting it up a day or two before the end of the month Ill have the submission thread open a week and a half out then put the voting thread up at the usual time. Thank you for the Idea and reminder I appreciate it. Further Ideas are welcome all ^^

Also if enough people show interest Ill see about trying to bring back the themed painting event in July.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:06 am

General-Kroll wrote:I'm glad to see it back too. I'd be up for doing a character model of some kind with someone.

Character Model

Themed events sound cool too.
I could take you on with a tech priest dominus, if you don't mind the robe on the main body being already basecoated?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:57 am

Then it's on!

General-Kroll VS LordMcAllister - One character model

If anyone else is interested, feel free to join the challenge! No need to ask for permission, just copy my sentence in bold letters and add your name in! The more the merrier! :)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Would any one be willing to do a Deathmatch with one of the new Dark Imperium units when the box is released if it comes out quick enough? Not sure on GW shipping if it will be here before the 25th though. May have to put it on hold. I would be done for a jumppack unit deathmatch or a Dreadnought as well.

I may consider grabbing a Chaos Lord for the character deathmatch...

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:15 pm

I would also be willing to maybe just do a marine or a small squad if anyone is up for that? Like an Infantry deathmatch or the like.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

batbatty
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by batbatty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 pm

@SweetSorrow I'd be willing to something like that, I have a 2nd edition Dire Avenger Exarch who needs some paint and a squad of victoria miniatures Hexenheim Storm Troopers, would that work?
Painted in 2018:
Aeldari: 1 Autarch, 1 Wave Serpent

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:31 pm

So a Character and a Infantry squad then? how many stormtroopers are in the squad?

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

batbatty
Silver Vault Member

Post by batbatty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:33 pm

The squad is 10, I could probably do the squad or the Exarch, or I can bring the squad down to the size of the space marine one?
Painted in 2018:

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Well, I have 5 Chaos Space Marines I'd like to paint and then a Lord so either or works for me.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

batbatty
Silver Vault Member

Post by batbatty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Well, ill fire off 5 of these storm troopers, and then I'll try to get this Exarch underway, can update and go from there!
Painted in 2018: