It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:19 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Last month had until the 14th so probably until around then before you need to have posted pics so you have just under a week going by that so paint paint paint! :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:50 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
it time for me to use another joker :|

unfortunately ive had to much going on this month ( red doing room, moving my computer into my room, starting college, going to game fairs ( time to update my total) finishing the community gems rules and starting to write faction rules, a thousand word essay and sorting my painting area) to get much done this month but no worries i will have the points finished for next months total as i just have to finish the stuff for this month + a bit extra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:43 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I should be posting my 2nd update tomorrow for my dark Angels, putting the finishing touches on a model and he's coming out pretty well, needs some more detail work however.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Good news! I've got nearly 400 points of 'Crons finished... just need to base them, and install blue rods. Once that's done, I'll have this month completed plus a joker back on that army :)

I might go nuts painting my Tau this week... there's a 40K tourney coming up this week I may field them in, since I don't have a large enough Ork army, and just don't really want to play Necrons right now.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Ok, Here is my Dark Angels update for this month.

Half Points on Belial (65 points) Thunder Hammer/Stormshield
Conversions: Forgeworld Dark Angels Right Shoulderpad, and a *few* purity seals. I am only doing half points since there is a lot more work I want to put into him to get a quality paint job so I will be finishing him up next month along with either full points on a Chappy or half points since I want my HQ choices to really stand out.

With Last month's points, I am now at 320 points for my army out of 1500 so I am on track to get them done in time with no Jokers used.

On to the pics!

Still to do, lots... The skin needs a lot of work as does the respirator on his head, the skulls need some work, the sword and shield as well as the robes and rock on the back pole needs some work, basing, the scrolls hanging from the belt and the skull on the base.

I need to also practice a ton and eventually do the script on the scrolls, but I know if I do it now it would end in abject failure.

I have to say, I do like the army painter bone colored primer that is color matched to bleached bone, it makes deathwing a lot easier to get started.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
So I would have posted these lasy night but there was a black out :?

Anyhoo, I'd like to get my Joker back so I painted 405 points. 20 Boyz, 2 with Big Shootas, 1 Nob with Pk and Bosspole, BW with 3 Big Shootas, Kopta with Twin Linked Rokkits, 5 Kommandoes, 1 Nob with Pk and Bosspole.

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 am 
Silver Vault Member

Great showing so far everyone! If you have a chance, post some work in progress shots of what you are working on for next update.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Man...disappointment here as I'm playing my 2nd joker. It's good to be busy with work but it kills my desire to break out the paints when I get home late. I've been trying to schedule a little time at our LGS so maybe I can pull off this next month and get on a bit of a roll. Especially with the weather turning, at least there's less reason to be playing outside.

I'll do better!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:15 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I sitll have 2 days? I count in months, not in month till 15'th:P
I'll make it in 2 days. If not, I'll have my joker back next month anyway.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Just before 12 PM in the netherlands, I finished my pledge 8)

about 10% of my army (I don't count, I paint in small parts. Last month I actually painted almost 300 points).

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:20 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
got a bunch done but pics cant be up till this weekend fail :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:35 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I just completed painting and Basing Shas'o R'Myr's Battlesuit, at 160 points. Adding in the Tau Ethereal at 60 points, I'm now at 220 points of Tau. I'll get photos up soon (we're reorganizing the office right now, so the photo studio is unavailable).

That means I got my 100 points for September done, and earned back one Joker for my Tau :D

For Necrons, I've now got 7 Immortals about 95% done - they just need Rods in the Gauss Blasters, and basing. That's 196 points, which means I'm done my September chunk of my Necrons - no Jokers back there though. I've got basecoats done on another 6 Immortals, so I'm on my way for October.

I'll post photos as soon as I can (in my own thread, of course).

Running Totals:
Tau: 220 / 1000 (22%)
Necrons: 196 / 2000 (10%)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:12 pm 
Gold Vault Member

*ding dong*
Wake up Mike! Its october!:P
Or did you finish them in september?

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:30 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
lol
methinks he posted here as there was not a october thread up

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:22 pm 
The Duckiest!

I'm aware it's now October, but I did the majority of the painting in September... plus I'm already out of Jokers, so if I didn't post them as September models, I'd have played Jokers 3 months in a row and would have just had to cancel out completely.