MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Thread for Sept!

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Thread for Sept!

Post by Norsehawk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:31 am

Welcome back for our second posting thread for the MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge (a day early) for September!

Last month, by my count, we had a grand total of 3441 points posted! That's one side of an Apocalypse battlefield!

How we stand so far:
Name---Army(Pledge)Total Painting Amount/Jokers
Norsehawk---Imperial Guard(1500)0, 1 joker used
Norsehawk---Dark Angels(1500)255
Steviemat23---Imperial Guard(2000)350
A Luna---Tau(2000)200
Black-Napalm---Imperial Guard(1700)200
Loota---Orks(1610)0, 1 Joker used
jaman---Dark Angels(5010)0, 1 joker used
NIKOLAS3220---Orks(2500)250
DrBored---Chaos Space Marines(1300)155
Grie Velorn---Necrons(1500)0, 1 Joker used
Vince Velorn---Tau(1500)156
MWG Mike---Necrons(2000)0, 1 Joker used
MWG Mike---Tau(1000)0, 1 Joker used
Scherdy---Eldar(1500)0, 1 Joker used
magicguitar19---Chaos Space Marines(3000)0, 1 Joker used
whitestarHokie---Tyranids(3000)419
Mkable---Night Goblins(2000)0, 1 Joker used
Nocturus---Tau(1000)102
Joe---Orks(1500)0, 1 Joker used
Kymmerus---Tyranids(6000)615
Cazaius---Ogres(1500)0, 1 Joker used
Cazaius---Eldar(2000)0, 1 Joker used
Eldreon---Dwarves(1000)0, 1 Joker used
Asrodrig---Space Marines(1500)0, 1 Joker used
Big Mek Geargutz---Daemon Hunters0, 1 Joker used(1800)
Aenarion---High Elves(1200)120
Stephen---Imperial Guard(1000)0, 1 Joker used
ChapterMaster2---Space Marines(1500)130
kknight25---Space Marines(1310)Dropped Out
MercyKiller---Necrons(1500)204
TwitchyCranos---Space Marines(1500)285
Joey---Space Marines(5000)0, 1 Joker used
him2261---Imperial Guard(2500)0, 1 Joker used
Marine Guy---Space Marines(1680)0, 1 Joker used
holmsey555---Space Wolves(2000)0, 1 Joker used
Millbot---Orks(1500)0, 1 Joker used
Thrakka---Orks(3000)0, 1 Joker used
jeremy2142---Space Marines(3000)0, 1 Joker used
Scarth---Space Marines(1250)0, 1 Joker used
Tauguy14---Tau? (PM ME TO LET ME KNOW)0, 1 Joker used(1000)
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Thread for Sept!

Post by TwitchyCranos » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:17 pm

This months total - 260 pts

This puts me 1 month ahead but I'm gonna need that as I'm planning on fitting in the landraider over next few months and thats almost 2 months of points to paint. That and I probably will increase the points but I'll figure that out in a few months depending how they go as I'll have less time and I've been spending more and more time on my eldar of late :)

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 pm

TwitchyCranos wrote:This months total - 260 pts

This puts me 1 month ahead but I'm gonna need that as I'm planning on fitting in the landraider over next few months and thats almost 2 months of points to paint. That and I probably will increase the points but I'll figure that out in a few months depending how they go as I'll have less time and I've been spending more and more time on my eldar of late :)

Great looking update! For the land raider, since you are splitting that up over 2 months, the first month, give us a work in progress shot and then the final shot the next month.

anotherwaagh
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by anotherwaagh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 pm

this months total 77pts

while I did paint most of the unit last month I only painted 2 stormboyz and the Nob after joining.

my next project is a looted wagon with boomgun,

i will update a W.I.P. pic on the 12th.

lets see someother Armies being painted

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:18 pm

NOoooess! I quickly have to do some painting :|
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Kymmerus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Kymmerus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:54 am

Next Batch of Niddies just got done this morning!

This is 23 Genestealers in total:

12x Scything Talons, Extended Carapace and Toxin Sacs = 324pts
11x Scything Talons = 220pts (11 since it was originally going to be a broodlord retinue)

Total = 544

(I could say they all scuttle to put that nicely past 600pts but not bothering)

I may be adding a broodnest to one of these groups in the next little while (I'm working on some of my Nid Terrain pieces for a display board now.)

Painting wise these were fairly laborious with their scything talons (there's three stages to the claws / whitish parts on my Nids and the talons added that much more to the completion time of these stealers)

My next painting pledge item is likely going to be 12 Raveners. I want to start making use of my raveners so they'll get some painting love. Plus, the way I have them kitted out makes them all worth 600pts right on the button for next months entry.

First Pic is a late stage WIP:

Next Pic is Finished Buggie Wuggies:

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 am

well no pics atm but most of the models are near compleation

so this noth it will be

Belial
termi librarian
1 terminator squad

for a total of 500 points pics up soon hopefully

Vince Velorn
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Vince Velorn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:06 am

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to use a joker for this month (and maybe next month) because I'm going to have surgery done and its got a long recover time... So i really wish i could finish this month, but i "might" be able to get some things done so I'll just play a joker and if i get anything done I'll post that.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Tau: 2000 Points
Eldar: 60 Points.
Curious about the avatar? check this.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Man, I've played 2 Jokers already... I'm going to have to paint 600 points of Necrons and 300 points of Tau this month to earn them back...

That's scary.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 am

I'm going to go ahead and play my joker early this month. I'm in the middle of an outage at work and am working 4 12 hour shifts on, and one day off for the next 10 weeks :(. Hopefully I'll get enough done with what little spare time I get I won't have to joker in Oct.

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:07 am

How long do we have left? I might be able to finish this one too.
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

NIKOLAS3220
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #4Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by NIKOLAS3220 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 am

Finnished this portion of the army just on time (31st of August) but was to lazy to post an update. Here it is:
-1 Painboy, grot orderly(the grot isn't in the picture, I forgot to put it in): 55 points
-1 Burna: 15 points
-1 Tanbusta, tankhammer: 15 points
-5 'Ard Boy shootas: 50 points
-1 Deffdread, kustom-mega blasta, close combat weapon, grot riggers, armour plates: 120 points
Months TOTAL: 255 points Overall TOTAL: 505 points

So far:

Ogre Kingdoms: planning

Orks: about 7000 points

steviemat23
Bronze Vault Member

Post by steviemat23 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 pm

This month's total: Cadian Command Squad 150 points (I overpainted last month so I have some play)

Brief Thoughts:

This squad was a pleasure to paint. I spaced them out, and did one guy a day to keep fresh, ended up taking under a week! Some of the detailing on the officer and standard bearer proved to be a little bit difficult, but if you just go at it with a small bead of paint on a tiny brush and take your time, it really pulls the model together and gives him that little extra pop

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Ok, here are my Imperial Guard for the month.

Imperial Guard:
Company Command Squad - 3x grenade launcher, vox, commander has bolt pistol - 72
Platoon Command Squad - 3x Flamer, Vox, Commander has powerfist and meltabomb - 70

Total for the month: 142

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Post by A Luna » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:41 pm

A Luna wrote:How long do we have left? I might be able to finish this one too.
*question again?*
Sorry, my search-fu is very low atm.
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube