It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:25 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Post your month's work here!

You have until the 14th of the month to post or you will be considered as playing a joker.

The format for posting is up to you, but a good example post is:

What army you are posting.
-A brief list of the minis and point costs (remember, only the complete unit cost gets posted, not an individual point cost for every upgrade, example 5 assault marines, melta bombs, shiny thing of ultimate destruction, power weapon - 243) (required)
-Pictures of your painting (required)
-Comments on what you painted, what you had fun with, what you found hard, if there is still something to do that is minor (you might want to save basing for later and then finish it all in one fell swoop)

Also, comment on other painter's work! with a bit of encouragement from others you are more likely to complete your pledge each month.

Remember to put each army (if you do more than one) in it's own post, and please don't post your pledge post and comments on other's work in the same post.

I will add to this post as people post their pledges.

Remember, you can still sign up for the pledge, but if you can't post some completed minis by the 14th, you can use a joker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:21 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
My August post: One FW, one Kroot, a Marker Drone, and a Crisis Battlesuit for a total of 102 points.

Noc

Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:28 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
August already? I just finished my July a couple days ago.

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:57 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
You weren't required to make a post in July ;).

Noc

Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:58 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Oh gotcha, well that's my August then :wink:

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
re-post it here so you get credit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:25 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
Month: August 2009
Goal: 300 Points

Army: Hive Fleet Megalodon
Month's Army Contribution: 419 Points (119 Over Goal)
1x Hive Tyrant "Acid Tyrant" w/ Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Acid Max, Enhanced Senses, Toxic Miasma, Scything Talons, and Venom Canon
3x Warrior w/ Extendad Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons, 2x Deathspitter, and1xBarbed Strangler
9x Termigaunt -w/ Fleshborer and Without Number
1x Biovote -w/ Bio-Acid Spore Mines
Photographic Proof:

Comments:
I'm honestly a bit nervous about basing these guys, so I'm opting to hold off a bit on it. I have some bases that aren't being using that I plan to practice on first. But, with the exception of the Hive Tyrant, the base isn't a major component of the model anyways. The Hive Tyrant, as planned, has a small pool of acid forming directly under it's mouth (a visual representation of the Acid Maw trait already shown by the dripping green at its mouth) as well as a toxic miasma swirling around its feet (which I'm thinking will be modelled by very thinly stretched, purple/pink/blue painted cotton).
Well, as is I've almost done a month an a half's worth of painting. I've got to repaint the other four gaunts as well as paint the genestealers, but I've got myself another box of gaunts I plan to model as Spinegaunts and Devourer Gaunts. We'll see how everything goes, as this month I'm moving back home for a bit because of some down time at college. So, pack up, go home for three days, and move back in to a new room. All sorts of fun there. But, if I can just get a few of the genestealers painted, and using what I've banked, I'll be set. Fingers crossed and see y'all next month.

Raising a new Battlegroup, one model at a time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:11 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #4Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
This is what I got done. (I know about the spelling lines. No need to mention it.)

Ogre Kingdoms: planning

Orks: about 7000 points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:30 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Heres the first month pledge complete 285 points

Better pic (dread not included in this month)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

i already have a post up but i am working on more. also do i keep using my topic or keep making new ones for every month? i just want to know what would be easier sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 am 

Black-Napalm wrote:
i already have a post up but i am working on more. also do i keep using my topic or keep making new ones for every month? i just want to know what would be easier sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

keep your private work thread going, no need to post a new one.

just make sure you post your update here as well. each month there will be a new one of these threads stickied, when the new one is posted, the previous one will be unstickied.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

here is my update i have painted around 200 pts which is fitting because i redid my calculations and it turns out i am going to have a 2000 point army not 1700 :) also i am doing the bases last

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:19 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Well, here's my update.

Chaos Space Marines: The Unmarked
-Champion w/ Power Weapon, Plasma Gunner, x6 CSM - 155* (25 points over goal)

*Total comes out to be 155 (not counting the Icon Bearer, one of the Plasma Gunners, and the Rhino, which were all completed beforehand), a little over my 130 per month goal, but a strong start.

This squad, after I complete the Icon Bearer, will signal the last of the Chaos Marines that I have to paint to complete this army. Granted, I have plenty more Chaos Marines, and there are also the Lesser Daemons to paint, and other models besides, but this squad is the last squad of Marines that I need to paint for my grand goal of a 2000 point army (of which 700 points are already done, therefore making my Challenge goal 1300 points total).

Hope you like!

Last edited by DrBored on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Hrmm... Realized with the completion of my Genestealers today I've actually completed my first months pledge! I was originally thinking of slamming down two months to show I'm serious :evil: about the 6000 pts... but well... if I'm past the first hurdle I might as well put it behind me!

What I have here is:

3x Screamer Boomer Carnifex (Scything talons, Barbed Strangler, and Bioplasma upgrade) = 363 pts
12x Genestealers with Extended Carapace and Flesh Hooks = 252

Total = 615 pts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:06 pm 

Great showing so far! Once I find and charge up my camera, I will post the update on one of my armies, the other one might be a bit later.