Twitchy's Army WIP thread Update January 7th

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Twitchy's Army WIP thread Update January 7th

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:27 am

Okay, not the best pics here :( but gives an idea what I'm aiming for over the course of the year. Some stuff has been painted but will be stripped and redone, while some are there just cause I wanted them in the pic (cant resist the old predator :D)

First a big view :

Shows most of what I'm planning for this year, some things to be added and some that probably wont be included in the 1500 planned (like the baneblade but once I expand the points ;))

First 3 Assault Squads and some old death company along with some rhino's/variants and scouts

Most of my big stuff, baneblade, Landraider and Vindicator along with most of my terminators and command guys.

3 Tactical Squads and my first Devestator Squad, 3 Dreadnoughts and 2 Predators including a very very very old one. (my first tank). Drop Pod from the spearhead in back.

More of a breakdown of my forces :

My mobile assault forces (not terminators)

Troops and Heavy Support

Larry, Curly and Moe :D

The old and the new!

The Command Team

And just to finish the first months complete pledge ~285 points (150 a month target)

Better Pic (Dread for next months pledge once alternate arms done)

Last edited by TwitchyCranos on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Black-Napalm
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Twitchy's Army WIP thread

Post by Black-Napalm » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:18 pm

looks like you got some painting to do :wink:

DigitalNinja
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by DigitalNinja » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Woo! Now lets see it all painted up!
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 am

Looking good! Do you have any close ups of the Chaplin by chance? I always think they look better with the Jump Packs :).

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by TwitchyCranos » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Hey Noc, sorry about late reply but been away at family bereavement so not been keeping up to date. I do have some better pics but their at home so I'll post em when I get back either on Sunday or I might tidy him up a bit. He's only couple months old now but already seeing lots of stuff that I can do better :D

Got a few chaplains in my army and yep, the jumppack one is my favourite aswell :D

Here's probably the best pic. Not too happy with it now after seeing what I can do with my eldar so probably going to go back and tidy him up a bit along the way.

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:16 pm

For this month since I've lost some time I'm doing doing a second dreadnought to join the first from last month, so my points for this month is going to be 260 points given the weapon load outs I'm giving them primarily 1 Assault cannon with CCW and 1 twin-linked lascannon and rocket launcher. If time I'll paint up the third set of arms consisting multimelta and ccw as their all magnetised. With last months over painting I should be 1 month ahead which I'll need as I have a landraider to do and it'll take awhile! :D

Dreadnought 2 with remaining arms to be done

Magnetised arms

First coat

Second Coat and start of detail work. The red wash and white drybrush didn't come out as expected :/ Oh well redo and try again

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Re: Twitchy's Army WIP thread Update Aug 22nd

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:40 am

Dread 2 (Curly) is now done:

With the last 2 months giving me a spare month done (~500 pts done target 300)I've got some breathing space for expanding my initial points total so I can plan to add in some additional stuff and get more of the options I'm planning done.Target for next few months I think I'm going to aim to get another assault squad done for troop choice 2 and then look towards giving my army a punch in the form of the Assault Terminators and landraider crusader :)

This months total - 260 pts

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Re: Twitchy's Army WIP thread Update Aug 29th

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Assault Squad 2 is now magnetised aswell :)

Jump packs and standard packs

Nocturus
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Looking good! What size magnets are you using for your jump packs?

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Their 3mmx2mm magnets and work pretty well. Their the same width as the "dimple" and hole that the packs normall have so for the packs themselves its easy enough to drill a little deeper and the pull is perfect for the packs too.

Nocturus

Post by Nocturus » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 am

Sweet, are those jump packs plastic or metal? I'm in the process of stripping all the paint off my 10 year old space marine army and I have to more or less disassemble my assault squad to make it legal. Magnetizing the packs sounds like a good idea now that I'm no longer in second edition and can use drop pods...

Noc
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 am

Their plastic. I have a set of metal ones which need to be stripped but havn't gotten round to yet so no idea if the 3x2mm magnets will be enough to hold them on as their a fairly large piece of metal but I have some slightly larger magnets if needed.

The magnets are great for this given that the jump packs are great for planetstrike (instant assaults) but for normal games your usually better off putting them in a rhino, so definetly saves time and money magnetising :)

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Post by TwitchyCranos » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Well for October I've finished my second troop choice for the blood angels being another assault squad and with weapon setups this comes to 170 points for the unit. I can now field a legal army with them :D

Unfortunatly the pics are pretty poor :/ but I'll take better ones when I have better light.

CallumM27
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #4Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by CallumM27 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:35 pm

Really nice mate keep it up. Which company are you going to do?
"NO! NEVER OVER! NEVER FAILURE! WE ARE BLOOD ANGELS, SONS OF SANGUINIUS! WE DO NOT FAIL! WE DO NOT SUBMIT! AS LONG AS THERE ARE ENEMIES BEFORE US, OUR DUTY IS ALWAYS CLEAR!" - Brother Cloten of the Exiles

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member

Post by TwitchyCranos » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:24 pm

I havn't decided on which company of the blood angels as yet. I'm leaving space on the vehicles and all the transfers will be left to the end and done together to keep the coherency good and gives me time to practice my freehands to hopefully not use transfers at all :D