Kymmerus' Pledge - 6000 Pts of Gribblitude!

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Kymmerus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Kymmerus' Pledge - 6000 Pts of Gribblitude!

Post by Kymmerus » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Greetings Nid Fans,

As this goes on I may be juggling images back and forth between this post and my currently running Hive Fleet Beluosus Project Log so to avoid doubling up I'll probably show more WIP / Pledge specific pictures in this thread and more completed stuff in the Hive Fleet Log.

If you haven't seen the Hive Fleet Beluosus Project Log, check it out as it shows some of the painting techniques / the colour scheme I'm using on my Tyranid army and what I've already done.

It also shows the ungodly pile of Tyranids I have yet to complete... hence my sanity stressing 6000 Pt pledge.

Anyways, lets get on with the show! This is nearly the state of my pledge, one batch of stealers has had their skin basecoat down after these were taken:

Basically you're looking at the following:

Genestealers
11x Scything Talons = 220
12x Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons = 324
12x Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks = 252

Carnifex
3x Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler, Re-enforced Chitin = 384

Total = 1180 pts

The Carnifexes are mostly done, but to make my target they still need their alternate magnetic back plates, heads, and arms.

(You can see in this next pic that I'm using a stack of magnets to glue on the one of the scything talons)

These genestealers add up in points fairly quickly and I've found I'm favoring them a bit in some of my lists so its always a good thing to have more on hand.

One batch of 12 stealers (the flesh hook ones) happens to have magnetic heads along with the non-rending claw arms. This way I can field any type of genestealer I desire with adding more magnetic pieces. The only thing fixed to them as an upgrade is the extended carapace.

I'm hoping to have all this completed for the first iteration of my painting pledge. I figure I'll need to make a solid showing for the first bit to make that 6K pts manageable and genestealers add up nice and fast in terms of points so if I complete this I'll have two months worth of pledge down.

Kymmerus
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Kymmerus' Pledge - 6000 Pts of Gribblitude!

Post by Kymmerus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Completed 12 Magnetic Genestealers as part of this first pledge. Have another 23 to go before the 14th so I had better get a move on! Here are the stealers recently completed:

Kymmerus

Post by Kymmerus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:36 pm

I've adjusted my first pledge to be the 615pts of stuff I have painted al this very moment now... so I didn't do the back plates of the carnifexes like I originally thought, but did them with the bioplasma upgrade instead. So this is my pledge for the first month of the Year Long challenge completed. You may see me change biomorphs if I'm working with carnifexes... I'm just chugging away on different loadouts for em at times...

Kymmerus

Post by Kymmerus » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Kinda forgot about updating this thread... I have since my last update completed my Genestealer monthly total for September 544 Points worth of Stealers (I included it in this thread HERE)

For October's Pledge I've got a Dozen Raveners

1 Squad x 6 Raveners with Rending Claws and Thorax Devours = 300 Pts x 2 squads 600pts right on the button.

These were a bit of a pain to paint and took me longer than expected. What was tricky were their arms. The raveners being a metal model I opted to pin EVERYTHING on the models. So two sets of arms, and the head, are pinned to the body. The middle set of arms is magnetized so I can swap out for rending claws or all scything talons should I wish.

Doing each of the metal arms pinned to the paperclips was time consuming. Also tricky was that I needed to match and keep each ravener with its given arm set (they were fitted to a particular ravener for pinning) Otherwise though I think they came out alright. What was really invaluable were the alligator clip rig dealies I got from Miniwargaming. Those things each have four arms to hold parts, and this worked great with the talons. Previously with small pinned parts like this I ran into issues setting them down on a table (Which messed up the paint) or having to hold them in my hands until the paint dried. Having the clamps made this much smoother considering the number of arms involved.

There are spots on the models that I can see I didn't clean enough or that are a bit on the rough side. At least now I have two full groups of raveners painted up. (I also have 6 more yet to do but now that I've got these out of my system I'm in no hurry for those)

Kymmerus

Post by Kymmerus » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Just made my Monthly 600pt pledge sneaking under the wire. Two Malanthropes and a Trygon for the total 600pts

I'm a little lazy at the moment so as far as posting more about my monthly painting pledges goes, so check the link to my Hive Fleet Painting Log and the main pledge section for November for all the pics and commentary.

Kymmerus

Post by Kymmerus » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I Finished up a pair of Hierodules (one Barbed and one Scythed) that I might as well count for December making 1300 Pts worth of pledged Tyranid Goodness! The total amount completed now stands at 3659 pts

Currently I'm just starting the painting of my Hierophant. He's worth two months pledges on his own, only falling short of the two dule pledge by 50pts

Here are some pics of the completed Hierodules along with a WIP shot or two:

Tauguy14
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: The front line, fighting for the Greater good... And Chaos

Post by Tauguy14 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Those are really freak'n big :shock:
3000+ Points of Tau

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Sweet chocolate monkies! Those are good.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Krelian
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Krelian » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Sweet! They look really deadly. :twisted:

painterofpaint

Post by painterofpaint » Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 am

realy nice, now I gonna paint my guys too again. Got BF but allot of them are still in the sprue and i don't even have a codex XD. But good luck with it can't wait for futher update's
English isn't my mother language.
3000+ points of Chaos Space Marines.
Impurity shall be our armour, Hate shall be our weapon, Immortality shall be our reward!