jaman's army painter motivational chalange wip

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

jaman's army painter motivational chalange wip

Post by Jaman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 am

Ok i know im late but i now have a new paint scheme for my DA successors (gardians of the lion)

and as such i am in the middle of stripping my painted models but i have alot to paint and so to get started im going for 2 tactical squads and a HQ the minimum playable force

so here we go

pics up soonish all im saying now is that it will be a quarter scheme
Last edited by Jaman on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: jaman's army painter motivational chalange wip

Post by Norsehawk » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:53 pm

The pledge isn't due yet, so don't stress out over it yet. Looking forward to what you get together though!
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:57 pm

ok so i finally got the first guy finished ( well i say that but it probably need some touch ups)

so without further ado here we are 1 tactical marine

if you want better/different pics just ask and i will take some ( or at least try)

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm

:sigh: no comments

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:36 am

It looks good to me :). I might suggest using a background other than yellow though in the future. It seems to give the entire model a yellow tint.

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

Scarth
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Scarth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 am

Heh, heh. Your PVA glue is still drying (or was). :P
Take a look at the last photo, at the rocks :)
http://platinumdemon.webs.com/

Platinum Demon - My Miniature Painting Service.

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:24 am

yeah figured that out, also there are bits of the base with no basing on (3rd pic) but thats now sorted due to muddy brown paint and gloss varnish

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:46 am

That gigantic alien tentacle that seems to be growing out of his backpack should be easily enough purged using the holy tweezers of the inquisition.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:51 pm

me thinks that may be a brush hair / static grass and is no longer attached to the modle

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Norsehawk wrote:That gigantic alien tentacle that seems to be growing out of his backpack should be easily enough purged using the holy tweezers of the inquisition.
ROFL
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:22 am

ok so its been a long wait but the first pledge if finished