Mike's Yearly Painting Pledge - 1K Tau, 2K Necron

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mike's Yearly Painting Pledge - 1K Tau, 2K Necron

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:45 pm

So it looks like on average, I'm going to be painting 100 points of Tau and 200 points of Necrons per month. The fun thing is, I don't think I have that much Tau yet ;) I'm sure I've got enough Necrons (half my 6500+ point army is unpainted, and I'd like to repaint a good amount of the rest).

CURRENT STATUS:
Necrons: 196 / 2000 points painted, 2 Jokers used (10% complete)
Tau: 401 / 1000 points painted, 0 Joker used (40% complete)

Models painted to date: (photos coming soon)
Necrons: 7 Immortals
Tau: Ethereal, Shas'o R'Myr, 1 Piranha, 8 Gun Drones
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mike's Yearly Painting Pledge - 1K Tau, 2K Necron

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 pm

I've been so busy firing up Epic Duck Studios, and working on commissions, that I nearly forgot about this...

Anyway, here's my plan for August:

Necrons:
Paint and Base 7 Immortals
One is already painted but not based, the rest only primed.

Total: 196 Pts

Tau:
Assemble, Paint, and Base a Battlesuit Commander
Total: ~120 Pts (with Wargear, to be determined)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

DigitalNinja
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by DigitalNinja » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Any pics mike?
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 pm

...You realize you just asked me to post pics, about 15 minutes after I posted what I planned to paint for the month. I'm not THAT fast!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 am

I'm going to be a little late getting my 'August' stuff done... I'm attempting to get about 100 Ork Boyz painted before next weekend, so I have no time for anything else ;)

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Joker time? :wink:
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:26 pm

And I already played a Joker last month.... yeesh. I've going to have to paint 600/300 in September to earn them back.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Proof that Shas'o R'Myr finally got painted!

I took the photos in an improvized Light Box, using a single 13 Watt Daylight Fluorescent for a light source... so the photos could be a little nicer. Still, not bad for a 6" Cardboard box, a few sheets of Tracing Paper, and a desk lamp.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

thats pretty nice :mrgreen:

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Look sreally good Mike. I saw you working on it on MWG vid.
Looking a ltitle bid like mines (pose) no?:P :roll:
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:04 pm

It does look similar, though mine has been in this pose since sometime in late June - I assembled it a few days after Games Day :P

Just finally attached it to a base though, had to find a masonry bit to drill a pinning hole through solid rock ;)

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Post by A Luna » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:09 pm

What can I say? Great minds think alike 8)
Looks nice mike, although I think the light is creating a lot of highlights and blends on the model?

Especially around the grey of the shield and plasma barrel + soem of the blue? If not, then you're amazing me :O

If its shiney-ness, hold a white paper in front of the lamp between model and the lamp. This makes sure the model isn't shinye
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Eclipse Painting Luna wrote:What can I say? Great minds think alike 8)
That they do!

The blends are being exaggerated by the lighting, but there's a few on the model :)

I'll try dimming the light with an extra sheet of tracing paper and seeing if that helps.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Tau are done for October. 11 Gun Drones, and 1 Marker Drone. 2 of the Gun Drones complete a Piranha at 85 points, and another 8 will form a Gun Drone Squad at 96 points. The other 2 will be Wargear, probably for a Stealth Suit team.

That's 401 points of Tau now :D

ftrain
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ftrain » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Looks great!