whitestarHokie's Army Painter Motivational Challenge! WIP

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
whitestarHokie
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

whitestarHokie's Army Painter Motivational Challenge! WIP

Post by whitestarHokie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Alright, I'm going to be a little bit different than most. As you may have read from my challenge acceptance post, I'm building AND painting my army. So, this first post, the "master" for lack of a particularly better term, is not going to say what I have, what I need to paint, what I need to buy, etc. Rather, I'll use it to keep a growing army list as I purchase and complete various aspects of the challenge. So, for now... Not much here. I'll see about having that changed ASAP.

HQ
1x Hive Tyrant (186) [ACID TYRANT]
-Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Acid Max, Enhanced Senses, Toxic Miasma, Scything Talons, Venom Canon

Elites
3x Warrior (97)
-Extendad Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons, 2x Deathspitter, 1xBarbed Strangler

Troops
8x Genestealers (216)
-Feeder Tendrils, Scuttlers, Toxin Sacs, and Scything Talons

13x Termigaunt (117)
-Fleshborer and Without Number

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
1x Biovote (55)
-Bio-Acid Spore Mines

TOTAL: 671
Last edited by whitestarHokie on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." Generalfeldmarschall Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
______
Battlegroup Abendrot

Raising a new Battlegroup, one model at a time.

whitestarHokie
MiniWarGaming Regular

Work Post: July 2009

Post by whitestarHokie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:24 pm

13x Termigaunts -117 Points (Fleshborer and Without Number)
Picture Posted: 06/28

1x Biovote -55 Points (Bio-Acid Spore Mines)
Picture Posted: 07/15
Picture Posted: 07/15

3x Warrior -97 Points (Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Extended Carapace, Deathspitter, Barbed Strangler)
Picture Posted: 07/22
Picture Posted: 07/22

Points Needed for the Month: 300
Points Remaining: 31
Last edited by whitestarHokie on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." Generalfeldmarschall Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
______
Battlegroup Abendrot

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Work Post: July 2009

Post by Norsehawk » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:31 pm

whitestarHokie wrote:13x Termigaunts -117 Points (Fleshborer and Without Number)
Picture Posted: 06/28

Points Needed for the Month: 300
Points Remaining: 183
Looks like a great start!
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

whitestarHokie
MiniWarGaming Regular

Don't store paint above your open model work area

Post by whitestarHokie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Yes everyone, that's my word of advice today. Four of my gaunts had to be scrubbed and restarted cause I had a 'little' paint spill in my work area. So, they're getting struck from this month's entry. On the bright side, I *almost* have a completed Acid Tyrant ready (was working on him for my August entry) so I can make up for the loss. Should have him done by the end of the weekend, along with the July pictures.
______
Battlegroup Abendrot