MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Work Thread, July

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Work Thread, July

Post by A Luna » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:02 am

While we speak, I'm basing my last 2 suits :D Its probably around 250..225 points. Oh not bad.
Waiting for the bases to dry now.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:25 am

soory im going to fail this moth i just ran out of time and dont want to rush the models

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:47 am

jaman wrote:soory im going to fail this moth i just ran out of time and dont want to rush the models
remember, you still have until the 14th to post what you have done, so you technically have 3 weeks to finish up for the month.

If you count today, that's 22 days.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 am

Norsehawk wrote:
jaman wrote:soory im going to fail this moth i just ran out of time and dont want to rush the models
remember, you still have until the 14th to post what you have done, so you technically have 3 weeks to finish up for the month.

really????? :O
Well good thing still I finished them before I'm going on a holiday the 26th till 15th:P
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:39 pm

A Luna wrote:
Norsehawk wrote:

really????? :O
Well good thing still I finished them before I'm going on a holiday the 26th till 15th:P
If you are being truthful about your vacation and not pulling my chain, you and anyone else can always pm me their update and I will post it for you for the month.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Ah, we have til the 14th eh? I'll just have to pull double-duty and paint like mad over the next 3 weeks...

Death Guard, Necrons, Tau, Eldar, more Necrons, Orks... August is going to literally drive me insane ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Post by A Luna » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:48 pm

MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:Ah, we have til the 14th eh? I'll just have to pull double-duty and paint like mad over the next 3 weeks...

Death Guard, Necrons, Tau, Eldar, more Necrons, Orks... August is going to literally drive me insane ;)
I would happily take the Death Guard over from you :mrgreen:
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by TwitchyCranos » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:42 am

Just posted in my workthread but I'll copy the highlights here :)

Heres an idea of what Im planning (its more than the 1500 but I plan on doing 1500 minimum and will no doubt increase that total once hit)

My main force:

Mainly the additional transports are missing which I need to buy (probs 2/3 Razerback/rhino/pred magnetised)

Heres the first month pledge complete 285 points

Better pic (dread not included in this month)

Zulais
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Zulais » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:16 am

I'd post a picture of what I need to paint, but that would be a bunch of sprues... I got a new Tyranid battleforce and some extra warriors, gaunts, and genestealers. I'll post them once I get them together I guess
Imp Guard: 2000 points ||| Started: April 2009 ||| Status: Secondary Army
Tyranid: 1250 points ||| Started: July 2009 ||| Status: Primary Army
Necrons: 1000 points ||| Started: August 2008 ||| Status: Retired

DigitalNinja
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by DigitalNinja » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:16 am

Awesome pic of those space marines I'll show my warmachine boxes when they get here.
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!