MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Work Thread, July

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: MWG Army Painter Motivational Challenge Work Thread, July

Post by Norsehawk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 pm

I primed models last night but haven't inspected them yet to see how the paint went on yet. This month I plan on getting my HQ choice out of the way as well as part of a troops choice.

HQ: Command Platoon, 3x Grenade Launchers, Vox, commander has chainsword/bolt pistol

Troops:
Infantry Platoon
Command Squad, 3x Flamethrower, Vox, Commander has powerfist and laspistol.
Infantry Squad, Vox, Grenade Launcher.

As far as my Chaos Space Marines, I am working on 5x Chaos Marines, I haven't point costed them out yet, but they can be seen above as the ones in the robes (I started the drybrushing yesterday) 5x men, aspiring champion with powerfist, squad has a plasma gun. If I need to add more points (probably) I can always find a few arms and put together a few more of the robed chaos marines. As I said before, I am going for a Warriors of Aggannor warband which means I will have troops from several legions/chaos chapters. I can't remember the name of this particular one, but it is in the chaos codex. I also will have Black Legion, Thousand Sons, Deathguard, Iron Warriors (I gotta put those forgeworld parts to good use) and any other paint schemes that strike my fancy for this force.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:42 pm

A Luna wrote:@Jaman:
Cool army, how many points is the PSP and what's his stats? :roll:
The PSP is 1,000 points! His stats are:

Code: Select all

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
1  1  1 1 1 1 1 1  1+ 
:D

whitestarHokie
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by whitestarHokie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 pm

July 09 Pledge Requirement: 300 Points

Current constructed models:
8x Termiguant

Current purchased models:

Planned purchase models:
1x Biovore
3x Warrior (20% of my Eye of the Hive Apoc Formation)
5x Termigaunt

As is, the numbers will count up to 269 points. I hope to get over my 300 point requirement, but at the moment I'm not certain what else I wish to be purchasing. I might add a few more Hormigaunts which I have to bring the total number up, but that's still up in the air since I'm not certain I want to have such models. We shall see. if I decide on more models to add in, I'll update.
"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." Generalfeldmarschall Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
______
Battlegroup Abendrot

Raising a new Battlegroup, one model at a time.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:24 pm

whitestarHokie wrote:July 09 Pledge Requirement: 300 Points

Current constructed models:
8x Termiguant

Current purchased models:

Planned purchase models:
1x Biovore
3x Warrior (20% of my Eye of the Hive Apoc Formation)
5x Termigaunt

As is, the numbers will count up to 269 points. I hope to get over my 300 point requirement, but at the moment I'm not certain what else I wish to be purchasing. I might add a few more Hormigaunts which I have to bring the total number up, but that's still up in the air since I'm not certain I want to have such models. We shall see. if I decide on more models to add in, I'll update.

As long as you get reasonably close, just make up the points next month.

Kymmerus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Kymmerus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:51 pm

The Plan for the First Month is this:

3 x Dakka Fexes = 339 Pts

1 Dakka Hive Tyrant and 3 Lashwhip Guard (The Last Edition Guard) = 246 pts

12 Genestealers with Feeder Tendrils and Extended Carapace = 252 pts

12 Genestealers with Scything Talons, Extended Carapace and Toxin Sacs = 324 pts

Total Pts: 1161

This should put me off to a decent start nearly doubling the first month's painting pledge requirement of 600pts

I'm going to try and start off this pledge aggressively to allow a bit of a cushion for some of the bigger or low point, high model, projects that will occur (96 Spinegaunts for example would only be 480 pts but a helluva lotta work) As this plays out I'll probably toss in a Gargantuan creature or two as the pledge or my mood demands it...

I'll probably start small with the Gargantuan creatures and work my way up, currently I've ordered a special base for my Trygon so once that's in I think he'll be the first 'uge Nid to get full painted. I'm looking forward to playing the Hierophant card during this pledge... though I'm not sure when...

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 pm

That should be an awesome amount of painting Ky, I am going to be painting 20 models this month myself, guardsmen yay!

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 am

Everytime i see this thread, i get reminded that i have to get to work:P
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:55 am

A Luna wrote:Everytime i see this thread, i get reminded that i have to get to work:P
As it should!

I am handling the mob of guardsmen as a batch painting thing, paint one part, move onto the next, so far, I have both sleeves and the fabric on the back of the neck basecoated, next will be small of back and then belly, then legs! Excitement! :twisted:

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Today's update is on my CSM for the challenge, my own take on a squad of Death Shadows http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Death_Shadows I am not making a full army out of them, all those Dark Angels Veteran kits would get expensive! I am however going to make a full 10 man squad.

With Flash...
Without

Comments? Suggestions?
They still have a ways to go, but they are getting closer.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:53 am

I'd say more colour difference in the black and tuqoise. More highlights.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

kknight25
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 pm

What I painted yesterday in no time! I'm trying to achieve this look, with the titan too, but sadly, I have no yellow or orange paint. So I just used water colour!

kknight25
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 pm

What I painted yesterday in no time! I'm trying to achieve this look, with the titan too, but sadly, I have no yellow or orange paint. So I just used water colour!

Joey
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joey » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:14 pm

I have 1000 points of models bought so far of my 5000 points of Howling drakes space marines.

Primed and ready to paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I'm probably playing a Joker this month... I've just had WAY too much going on. So far next month isn't looking much more promising - I have about 60 models to paint then already :/ Maybe I'll get lucky and pull off a miracle though.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:41 am

I am putting the finishing touches on my terminators, also have a great start on next month as well for a hq choice. (or two)

Guard I am not doing quite as well at. I have one model almost finished and the rest are about halfway done. At least I have some free time!