The Tale of Army Painters 2009-2010 Season Signup Thread!

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: The Tale of Army Painters 2009-2010 Season

Post by Norsehawk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 am

kknight25 wrote:I pledge to do around 1500 pts of Dark Angels+Titan+Baneblade, but I won't be getting the mini's near the end of the month. I know the first update is august, but I might miss it and post WIP later, is that okay? Just the vechiles can be done right? So I do the titan and baneblade first, then I paint the mini's when I get them?

BTW how much does a titan, and a baneblade cost?

Pointwise, a Warhound Titan (the smallest Imperial Titan that has official rules) runs 810 points, a baneblade starts around 500 points. So is your pledge 2810 points for the year?

That would mean you would have to paint around 281 points each month for your pledge. That sound good?
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:49 am

DrBored wrote: The completed monthly project is due at the end of the month, not on the 14th, correct or no?

Your 10% pledge for each month is due by the 14th. This first month, you have 1 month and 3 weeks to get your stuff together (we started on 6/23 and the first due date is 8/14) Work ahead a bit if you can. I have found that it is easier to think of everything as due on the first, but you have the extra days to track down a camera and doe the finishing touches to make the figure really shine. (or to be lazy and then paint like a madman those last few days)

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by DrBored » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Ooookay. So July's stuff is due August 14th, August's stuff is due September 14th

Ok, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me!

kknight25
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Well' I aint getting my mini's till December!

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Re: The Tale of Army Painters 2009-2010 Season Signup Thread!

Post by Norsehawk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:21 pm

If you are thinking about Joining, go for it! There is still plenty of room! You know you want to paint up that huge army that is just sitting around!

Pledge! pledge! pledge!

MercyKiller
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by MercyKiller » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, new to the game, but definitely not new to the miniatures. I've been fascinated by and trying to produce well-painted miniatures for over ten years. Unfortunately I never got very good.

Therefore, I have a Necron army planned to improve my painting skills as well as to learn the rules of the game. Once I feel confident that I won't ruin amazingly sculpted figures, I'll probably add some Chaos Space Marines to that list.

So my pledge is . . .

Warhammer 40K - Necron, 1500 points

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 pm

MercyKiller wrote:Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, new to the game, but definitely not new to the miniatures. I've been fascinated by and trying to produce well-painted miniatures for over ten years. Unfortunately I never got very good.

Therefore, I have a Necron army planned to improve my painting skills as well as to learn the rules of the game. Once I feel confident that I won't ruin amazingly sculpted figures, I'll probably add some Chaos Space Marines to that list.

So my pledge is . . .

Warhammer 40K - Necron, 1500 points

Awesome! Welcome to MWG and welcome to the Challenge! I look forward to seeing your painting skills and watching them improve!

TwitchyCranos
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by TwitchyCranos » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Well seeing I managed to do a weekly pledge why not go the whole way and do an army pledge :)

Put me down for 1500 - Space Marines (will probs up this but its a target to complete for now)

Once I've sorted out the first part of the list I'll stick a thread in

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:50 am

For the record, I am changing one of my pledges, instead of 1500 points of chaos, I am going loyalist and pledging 2500 points of Dark Angels which will probably be Deathwing Heavy overall.

Good thing I just bought 3 extra bottles of Gryphonne Sepia! Now I have one bottle that is more than half gone and 4 bottles ready to go.

Stephen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Stephen » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 am

Cancel my previous pledge...I just don't have the money to get 1,000 points of guard let alone the paints for that many 'umies.
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

kknight25
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:40 pm

SAme, I dun think I'll get all that in time, maybe next yr, or half way through, cause I'm a bit low right now, and my money box isn't right where I want it. Plz cancel it, but leave the titan and banelade!

Joey
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joey » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Hey NorsehawK, count me in please for:

5000 POINTS OF HOWLING DRAKES (SPACE MARINES)

Would i need to post updates in my own thread all the time or just wait untill you make a thread each month THEN post in there? If so, would i need to make my own thread at all?

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Got you Joey, Welcome aboard. Also have taken care of everyone else that has posted since. If I missed something, let me know.

Mkable
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Mkable » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm sure an Awe-inspiring and totally rocking Moderator like Norsehawk, wouldn't hold a grudge against a poor little gamer like myself, if I say wanted to change my pledge once more, :lol:

Say 2000pts, Night goblins?? ....please and thank you??
...Somethings Awry Sir

him2261
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by him2261 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:31 pm

I have about 2500 points of Imperial guard , warhound titan ,and a shadowsword left to paint in my army untill i buy more. so I pledge to paint 2500 points of my Imperial army.
A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow. The Tactica Imperium
Chaos Space Marines- 3200
Orks- 3000+
IG/AM- 10000+
Nids- 2500
Eldar- 1850
Khador- 20
Circle of Orboros- 20