The Tale of Army Painters 2009-2010 Season Signup Thread!

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Big Mek Geargutz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: The Tale of Army Painters 2009-2010 Season

Post by Big Mek Geargutz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 am

1800 pts of deamonhunters :twisted:
"Bringer of death, speak your name. For you are my life, and the foe's death" - Litany of the Lasgun

Aenarion
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Aenarion » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I pledge to do 1200 pts of high elves.
High elves: 2250 pts
Chaos space marine: 1300 pts

whitestarHokie
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by whitestarHokie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 pm

I have a quick Apoc formation question. Since most formations are xx points + models, how do those 'formation points' get factored in? Added to the list when all of the formation is finished?
Example: Formation Alpha - 60 points plus models, three+ units
For the sake of argument, a unit is exactly 100 points. I build one unit this month, one unit next month, and the final unit the third month, would I say the final unit was 160? Or, should I average the 60 across all three units?
"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." Generalfeldmarschall Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
______
Battlegroup Abendrot

Raising a new Battlegroup, one model at a time.

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 pm

whitestarHokie wrote:I have a quick Apoc formation question. Since most formations are xx points + models, how do those 'formation points' get factored in? Added to the list when all of the formation is finished?
Example: Formation Alpha - 60 points plus models, three+ units
For the sake of argument, a unit is exactly 100 points. I build one unit this month, one unit next month, and the final unit the third month, would I say the final unit was 160? Or, should I average the 60 across all three units?
I would add it at the end, once you have completed the unit, because someone might only paint half of a unit and still recieve partial credit for the Apoc formation.
Insert witty slogan here! Lifetime silver member

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Norsehawk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Ok, I am home, and everything is up to date as far as I see it. I have lowered your pledge by 100 points DrBored, and everyone else has been added.

Once I do some practice minis with some stuff that I ordered, I might be adding a 3rd army to my pledge, something big, something tough, something that ends up costing a LOT of points, something bone colored.

Stephen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Stephen » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am

1,000 points of Imperial Guard (Hope I get the money for paint and such soon :| )
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Jombo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Jombo » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 am

I have a question.

So, right now, I have enough models to enter in for 1060 points in Tyranids. However, some of my carnifexes and such can't be assembled as of right now because I don't have the greenstuff and magnets. So, can I just paint the limbs separately?
Splinter Fleet Phobos

Bought: [----[+]---------------] 448/1750
Assembled: [--[+]-----------------] 232/1750
Painted: [+]-------------------] 0/1750

Click for videos of Tyranids and Terrain! (Coming Soon)

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:36 am

Jombo wrote:I have a question.

So, right now, I have enough models to enter in for 1060 points in Tyranids. However, some of my carnifexes and such can't be assembled as of right now because I don't have the greenstuff and magnets. So, can I just paint the limbs separately?

Pledge whatever you think you will end up with at the end of the year. If you paint a carnifex without any options cost him as the base cost without any biomorphs, or only the ones he has, then when you complete the extras, you can adjust the points for that model.

Mkable
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Mkable » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Ok, I've been hitting the guard hard for a few months, 2 days ago I was really hyped about painting them for the next year. Once again I am gonna be playing all weekend.

Do me a solid and change my pledge to 4000pts of WOOD ELVES.

Thanks!
...Somethings Awry Sir

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Mkable wrote:Ok, I've been hitting the guard hard for a few months, 2 days ago I was really hyped about painting them for the next year. Once again I am gonna be playing all weekend.

Do me a solid and change my pledge to 4000pts of WOOD ELVES.

Thanks!
Ok, got ya changed.

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by DrBored » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 pm

So wait, I was looking through some stuff...

When is the final product of a month's stuff due, at the end of the month or in the middle of the month? In the middle of the month all we have to do is take a snapshot of what we've been working on, right? Nothing's due till the end of each month?

Norsehawk
Silver Vault Member

Post by Norsehawk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:29 pm

DrBored wrote:So wait, I was looking through some stuff...

When is the final product of a month's stuff due, at the end of the month or in the middle of the month? In the middle of the month all we have to do is take a snapshot of what we've been working on, right? Nothing's due till the end of each month?

On the first day of each month (starting in August) the Progress thread will be posted, which is also the next work thread. You are required to post your update by the 14th of each month or you are counted as taking a Joker for that month.

ChapterMaster2
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by ChapterMaster2 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Count me in for 1500 pts of Space Marines :twisted:
Fear me, for I am the Devourer of Souls.

Ork: CHARGE!
Tau: #@$%.

Tau: FIRE!
Ork: #@$%.

Terminator: Hello.
Tau and Ork: #@$%.

kknight25
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:46 am

I pledge to do around 1500 pts of Dark Angels+Titan+Baneblade, but I won't be getting the mini's near the end of the month. I know the first update is august, but I might miss it and post WIP later, is that okay? Just the vechiles can be done right? So I do the titan and baneblade first, then I paint the mini's when I get them?

BTW how much does a titan, and a baneblade cost?

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by DrBored » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 am

Norsehawk wrote:
DrBored wrote:So wait, I was looking through some stuff...

On the first day of each month (starting in August) the Progress thread will be posted, which is also the next work thread. You are required to post your update by the 14th of each month or you are counted as taking a Joker for that month.
Ok, but this update doesn't have to be the completed tally for that month, right?

You simply have to show an update, or at least what you'll be painting by the 14th of each month so as to confirm that you will not be using a Joker, right?

The completed monthly project is due at the end of the month, not on the 14th, correct or no?