in for a penny in for for a OH DEAR GOD WHY

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
jacktheodd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

in for a penny in for for a OH DEAR GOD WHY

Post by jacktheodd » Tue May 14, 2013 12:06 pm

all this done in 6-12 months,
jacktheodd wrote:my problem got too many projects on the go:

Vanilla SM: Night watch/snow/damaged. 10 scout snipers, Rb rhino, 10 scout bolter, 1 chap master and 5-10 stern guard : 25% done. (will soon go down as more minis on the way)

Space orks: Urban Commandoz/urban/ork...nuff said. 60 boys, boss, big mek, 3 old style kanz, 1 looted wagon, countless old grots, 7 tank hunters/rokkit boys, 7 Nobz: 10% done.

eldar: the lost children of Ath'uln/hooded/dark colors. Avatar (needs fixing, 2nd hand FW model), 20 guardians (need hoods etc): 10%

IG: The defenders of hive galaca/urban/imagine what would happen if the ENTIRE hive defended itself, lots of conscripts. Planning in progress, models bought conversions beginning, paint schemes...oh boy, around 20 different schemes to show different "gangs"/conscript units. 5%

VC: Legion of the frozen blood. not looking forward to this, lots of blue glow effect on units and heraldry etc. 10%

They are taking the hobbits to...you guessed it. Isengard: 10 warriors, 1 troll, 6 wargs, 1 command group. 40%

Khorne Daemons: 1 DP, 8 letters: 80%

W.elves: celtic winter. 25 models: 8%
side projects:

DW: Prussian fleet: 15 air ships, 15 ships, 30 flying tokens 35%
"last night on earth" models: 10%
scavvy necromunda gang: 5%

various mini's bought because they look nice:
Chaos Marine lord, lifting SM head high: was 99%...then I cleaned it and it is now 0%
old school ork boyz: 0% (sitting on the plastic rack..can't bring myself to cut em off)

as you can see...too much...oh and I am painting the LNOE box stuff twice..one for me and another for a mate.

Wish me luck
Average mini painter, decent fluff writer and cruel Dm...did I mention I has cookies?

jacktheodd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: in for a penny in for for a OH DEAR GOD WHY

Post by jacktheodd » Wed May 22, 2013 7:50 am

Progress update....more models are on the way...

cool so just go over it again wat am i getting for the 95?
Marines. 2 drop pods 1 dreadnought, around 15 or so Tactical marines, Devestater squad of 1 lascannon, two heavy bolters and a missile launcher. Librarian on foot, 10 assault marines on foot (weird I know)
Catachan, Around 35 or so soldiers with lasguns, Autocannon team x 3, 3 flamers, (Not much as I still play guard)
Eldar, 10 custom built Guardians (with hoods and cloaks. Alittle green stuff still required to fill gaps) Starcannon platform (again not much thier bud)
Vampire counts, 1 Metal Varghulf, (un undercoated) 10 Grave guard (Board and sword) Around 20 skeletons spears and shields.

yayyy all for the price of £95. now to buy alot of paints and other stuff.

here is a link to my Marine list

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 5&t=104938

and soon I will post images, I swear.

complete:
razor back, 1 chaptermaster, 10 scouts, 3 celtic wood elves, 7 blood letters, few orks.

WIP:
herald/DP using malekor model (however it is spealt) and a casket o souls for base (picked it up for 20p at a car boot sale)
big mek, modeling to have forcefeild gen and other fun parts.
Sternguard squad

JTO
Average mini painter, decent fluff writer and cruel Dm...did I mention I has cookies?

jacktheodd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by jacktheodd » Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 am

Another small update:

I threw together a campaign map for a few friends of mine, let me know your thoughts and if you would like one made, let me know and Ill see what I can do for you :).

JTO

jacktheodd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by jacktheodd » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:56 am

Update: 1st IG unit bought, painting and soon to be finished. anyone know how to get good quality pics with a samsung s3 as hat is THE only cam I have available, I have tried but horribly failed and everything looked looked oozing blurs

On top of that...my box of models arrived...repairing them all is..not...fun...and I have ran out of plastic glue...bugger. So I will work out what models get priority to be repaired :D

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:49 pm

More pics, and how did you get that campaign map?
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

jacktheodd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by jacktheodd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 am

campaign map - map by me, look back at it not the best work I done but it served its purpose as the glorious 13th nightwatch beat everyone :D yay go NW and overpowered librarian sternguard drop pod of death! Show those damn space elves the might of the flamer and the meltiness of a melta! (wraith knight got nothing on these guys).

As for pictures I would love too but as I said; anyone know how to get good pics with samsung s3?

Any way the unit of FB are nearly done ( not sure how to base them....I am a bit snowed out...if I get pictures you will understand what I mean)

=======edit================================================================
but here is a list of what has been painted in the past month or so
razor back, 10 scouts (based and ready to go), 10 scouts in early painting stages (I still have another 20 or so left so guess whats going up for grabs on the forum! email me if you want more details on what I will be selling/trading)

as for the eldar this is being thrown to the curb, I thought I would be "oh sweet space elves with big butt avatar" but all I could do was go..."bugger this army they are weak as a grot on steroids". Tust me I remain unbeaten by eldar after their codex, as soon as I pop their deathstar units they just can't hold it together.

as for the other armies:
vampire counts- getting there just repairing models and prepping them for my paint scheme (just go watch Wow:WOTLK trailer and that is what I want to achieve (glowing eyes, dirty/iced over wargear))

Isengard- troll, shaman, cheiftan, one or two pikemen and a handful of wargs done. but got the riders of the wargs and the rest of the pikemen need to be painted. These may appear on the trade forum after they are done as I just couldn't get into the system. I altered alot fo the hobbit story line with that troll, Grutolk the hero slayer (killed gandalf, aragon, gimli, thorin with the oakshield and a big name just goes with him and his mighty ranged stone throwing, don't ask...)

IG, list is written up and models coming together nicely

as for the rest well If I get pics you will see.

happy gaming
JTO