Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (3654 points completed)

This Forum is now closed - if you have an ongoing Project Log here you'd like to continue using, please PM "Epic Duck Mike" and he'll move it to another area.
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (3654 points completed)

Post by Nappen » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Not sure how we update, so, what I posted in the original thread is mostly good, but need to make a couple of changes as the priorities have changed.
Nappen wrote:So here is my Dark Eldar. This is the second half of my army so is FAR from an actual battle list...but here goes...and as you can see, I hate painting my characters...

HQs
Duke Scliscus (done)
Lady Malys (done)
Heamonculus (done)
Drahzar (done)
Archon (done)
Lillith (done)
Succubus (done)

Elites
10 Wracks (2 liquifier guns) (done)
Added: 6 Grotesques (2 liquifier guns) (done)

Troops
8 Warriors (done)

Fast Attack
Decrease 15 Scourges (6 haywire blasters) to 10 with 4 HWB (5 done)
Remove: 19 Hellions (didn't get to them-just not useful in 6th)
Added: 14 Jetbikes with 4 Heat lance (18 done with 6 HL)
Added: razorwing flock (done)

Transports
5 Raiders (three done-have not needed them this year)
4 Venoms (dual splinter cannons) (done)

Heavy Support
4 Ravagers (5 done)
2 Razorwing Jetfighters (2 done)
Talos/Chronos (done)

Total: 3268

This is pre upgrades (except the Venoms, scourges and wracks) so may go up a bit more. I will update when I figure out exactly what weapons I will be using.

May also paint:

another Talos/Chronos (started but saving for an escalation league)
Urien Rakarth (done)
5 Mandrakes (saving for escalation league)
and somehow find time for my new LOTR and Warmachine armies :)
So far have completed

Razorwing Jetfighter
Ravager
5 Wracks (liquifier gun)
2 Venoms (dual splinter cannon)
Which puts me about 150 points behind where I should have been at the end of Feb. This month am working 3 of the HQs at 340 poionts. Then I will probably work on the reavers or the grotesques.

ImageImageImageImage

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge

Post by Nappen » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 am

So in line with March's HQ theme I finished Duke Sliscuss, Lady Malys, and an archon. I also finished five more wracks with a liquifier gun and three grotesques.

That is another 505 points. 1050 for the year and back on track :)

The reavers and Raiders are primed and ready to recieve paint :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Slow Dark Eldar Month, but got 3 Raiders and a Ravager done for 325 more points done.
so am at 1375.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri May 31, 2013 9:50 pm

A pretty good month for the Dark Eldar...

Drazhar, Lillith, 8 Warriors (2 SC), 18 Reavers (6HL), 5 Scourges, 2 beastmasters, 2 venoms (duel SC on one) and a haemonculus. That's 1284 points this month for a total of 2659 for the year.

Lillith

Beastmasters

ImageImage

Scourges

Venoms

Warriors

ImageImage

Drazhar

Haemonculus

Reavers

Nappen

Re: Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (2600 points complete

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Been a very hard two months to paint with moving and all, but did get my Talos/Chronos done. That is another 100 points bare bones, but up to 125 or 130 with upgrades via magnets...but will count it as 100 :)

Base can't be finished until I move into the new house and will add that pic then :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Re: Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (2700 points complete

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Have not updated in a while. Pics to follow but have added
1 Razorwing jetfighter
1 Razorwing flock
1 Raider
5 wracks
3 Grotesques

That is another 430 points for a total of 3189 for the year :) That is less than 100 points to meet the goal.

Nappen

Re: Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (3189 points complete

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:27 pm

photos to go with the update
ImageImage

Nappen

Re: Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (3654 points complete

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Finished up the year meeting my points goal, but changing up the models as I found some more useful than others.

December saw the rise of a succubus, Urien, and two more Ravagers.

That is 465 more points for a total of 3654 for the year. I am pretty happy with that ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nappen's 3000 Point 2013 Challenge (3189 points complete

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Man that's pretty good, way to go!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks. I am right at a thousand points left in my Army...if I don't get anything else. I really want a DE titan...but the revenant just doesn't look DE enough.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 am

You could convert one, or have one converted. I'll think of some ideas.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:34 am

Sounds like a plan :)