Insanity.

If you have any ideas for rules or game play that you think would make the game even better then post them here.
Cazaius
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Insanity.

Post by Cazaius » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:04 am

Under extreme circumstances, the human brain is put under extreme pressure and stress. Such effects cause the brain to work improperly - to go haywire.

I was thinking that models could be at extreme risk of insanity if under heavy fire, or - in the instance of a multi-wound character - if at very low physical health. The effects of insanity could vary from jittery actions, affecting accuracy and coordination, to full out schizophrenia - shooting at allies and screaming in terror.

Also, if Primal Horizon were to include psychers or sorcerers, such effects could be brought on by meddling with one's brain by means of a psychic spell.

That would be crazy.

No pun intended. :twisted:
GABBEH!

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Insanity.

Post by Asrodrig » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Interesting. I doubt if there's going to be any magical hombres like that in PH, but there could be certain units who would be prone to insanity, and some sort of insanity-reaction table or something like that. Good idea, Caz!

Cazaius
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Cazaius » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Yeah, I thought of the idea and I basically crapped myself, haha.
GABBEH!

gman1401
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by gman1401 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 pm

that would be really cool. It should affect them positively too. Like an adrenaline rush that allows for super strength/speed/accuracy

Cazaius

Post by Cazaius » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:13 pm

That's not insanity though... it's Psychology, but not insanity...

A good idea though - it sounds über fantastich.
GABBEH!

gman1401
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by gman1401 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:26 pm

i didnt know bruno was on this forum!!!!

Phatty
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Phatty » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:58 pm

there could be a point (like after a moral check when several allies are killed) when the squads mental reaction is determined. there could be "insanity" "calm" and "enraged"

insanity is they wont take orders for a few turns

calm is they are only effected normally by the moral check

and enraged is they ignore being pinned or suppresed and they have an attack bonus but defense decrease for a few turns