Stealth?

If you have any ideas for rules or game play that you think would make the game even better then post them here.
jasonlotito
Gold Vault Member

Re: Stealth?

Post by jasonlotito » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Ariyaris wrote:Plus you can add to that unit something as veil of tears, if player wants to shoot at that unit he/she must throw dices for spoting range. (i will not recomend which dices and how many of them cause that requires deeper knowledge of Primal Horizon game mechanics works, i leave that to more experienced people )
That combined with my idea would be too much, I think. I had thought of this, but it's been done and I never liked the way it worked, either. The ability to move during an opponents turn is pretty powerful. After all, if the enemy can just destroy the building around you, they don't need to see you.

The idea here is that the ability allows you a round or two to get into a position where the opponent can't see the unit at all due to buildings or what not. Stealth units should, for the most part, be forced to use actual cover or actually getting out of line of sight. They shouldn't be able to flip a switch and stand in the open claiming stealth without a care. At least not in the context of this game.

Phatty
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Phatty » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:09 pm

well yeah you cant run your sniper out into the middle of an open field and have them go into stealth mode its just not very logical (though with the kind of stealth suits we are talking about you could really do that but its not the point). you would have to be in some kind of cover to use stealth. and i personally never liked the idea of being able to move on your opponents turn. moving when its not your turn isnt really stealthy its just annoying.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

It's near future, not far future, therefore you wouldn't be completely invisible.
The stealth you had in mind... well... you are not stealthed/invisible by moving around, you can still be shoot at from far far away without any special sensors to detect you.
That's simply not stealth anymore.

When something is stealthed/invisible to most "detection" methods, in this case i refer to sight, even if you don't see the unit that fired you can still realise from where the shoot came (at least was it north west east south etc. )
In normal circumstances even an ordinary sniper-shooter is hard to detect and will kill few man before they take cover.

Oh, and no matter how well stealthed you are. Leaving cover to be in open space to fire at enemy always leaves the unfortunate chance of catching a bullet or two... and usualy it takes 1 bullet to kill a man if it's strong one (future = i assume they'll have deadly weapons, far more than we have today)
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

SkullThrone77
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by SkullThrone77 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Well near future, i could see a stealth suit thats not exactly FULLY covered, but is sort of chaemelion (dont know how to spell it and too lazy to put it into google :twisted: ) but maybe if you dont move you can keep your unit in stealth which makes it harder to shoot at and such
Space Wolves-1500 Points

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 am

Try the spartan 3 generation armor from halo
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Cameleon suits, just like "predator" almost invisible from far (for instance:enemy throws 2d6 for spotting range)

If the units moved it has lost partialy it's invisibility (enemy throws 4d6 for spoting tange)

ofc. the dices can be changed and all.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?