SHIELD Drones

If you have any ideas for rules or game play that you think would make the game even better then post them here.
Aurogauth
MiniWarGaming Regular

SHIELD Drones

Post by Aurogauth » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:42 am

Some Drone unit ideas

Drone controller stays immobile and cannot use weapons while controlling Drones. 1 controller can operate up to 4 drones. Controller and Drones can only stay grouped within their initial unit, otherwise they count as Independent.

If Drone Controller leaves it's spot to relocate, Drones deactivate for remainder of turn. If you choose to move Controller, you must do so before moving Drones.

Drones must stay within 26" of the controller at all times. This is due to the weak radio frequency and interruption due to building debris. If you move too far, move Drones back to maximum radius.

Drones are not affected by morale.

Drones cannot go into Overwatch.

Drones cannot run.

Drones cannot Go to Ground voluntarily. They immediately resolve Standing Up as soon as possible.

When controller dies, Drones in that unit engage auto pilot. Drone computers sync and work as a hive mind. (they move together in a unit in the same direction and shoot at the same target). Roll scatter die to determine it's movement direction. Movement is compulsory as is shooting. If Drones have no enemy to shoot, they fire at last known enemy location. When in auto pilot mode, roll a separate d12 immediately after Drone shooting. Then consult this table.

If a 1, 3, 5, or 7 are rolled, Drone mainframes short circuit and are immobilized for remainder of game. Do not remove from game. Counts as soft cover.

If a 2, 4, 6, or 8 are rolled, Drones continues to fight as normal.

If a 9, 10, or 11 are rolled, a Drone's ionized reactor core malfunctions. It moves 4" by way of scatter die, and explodes causing a 3" circular blast. Consult blast template. Only one (1) Drone can explode in this manner. It is up to player to determine which Drone explodes. Remove these Drones from play.

If a 12 is rolled, Drones in that unit hold their ground and unload all ammunition. After you have resolved your shooting phase for Drone unit, roll a secondary shooting phase for Drone who were in that unit. If Drones are wielding melee weapons, they immediately re roll missed hits if able to attack at opponent in close combat. If Drones have no enemy to shoot, Drones fire at last known enemy location. After this, Remove these Drones from play.
Under the blossoming trees it will be my last journey
My eyes will be open, so that I could see you for a last time
Don't be afraid of my eyes, I'm blessing you even in my death...
The last Sunday

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: SHIELD Drones

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 pm

I like the idea but this kind of tech would probably been lost. I'm sure that some crackpot could've cooked it up but they would not common at all.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

lordbob
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by lordbob » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 am

Maybe some sort of remote controlled car with some explosives attached to it, although you may still have to worry abut the tech side, its a whole less techy than drones and I think it fits in with the whole scavenging and rag tag weaponry.
The pen is mightier than the sword...and a lot easier to write with.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Kamikaze RC cars? Kind of like the RC cars from Frontliines: FoW. That would be great
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Aurogauth
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Aurogauth » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:01 am

DracoAvian wrote:I like the idea but this kind of tech would probably been lost. I'm sure that some crackpot could've cooked it up but they would not common at all.
Drones are in the SHIELD list so I would assume that they are common enough to field them.
Under the blossoming trees it will be my last journey
My eyes will be open, so that I could see you for a last time
Don't be afraid of my eyes, I'm blessing you even in my death...
The last Sunday