Mind control?

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
Thecrazydwarf
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #7

Mind control?

Post by Thecrazydwarf » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:17 pm

How do you guys like the idea of a mind control device that could turn an enemy model onto your side? Certain people would be harder to turn than others, of course. So what do you think?
All my posts are written on my ipod touch.
The eleventh commandment: go, and make terrain!
"When in doubt, attack." - General George Patton

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Mind control?

Post by Ariyaris » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:11 pm

It may be possible to give a man a certain drugs that make him easy to persuade :D

As for device...
hmmm...
it should be then an implant in brain... and... that is imposible to do on battle field due to complexity of that surgery.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:56 pm

I think he's thinking more along the lines of a psi emitting. It needs to be practical enough to bring to a battle field.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:24 am

I assumed that but... we know little about the brain and as far as it's noticed in todays experiments, electromagnetic waves have no influence on the brain cause everything in it is based on chemical reactions. The "brain-waves" are just readings of brain activity but... i don't know...

It might be possible in far future, but for next few centuries i don't believe we are going to be anywhere near such technology, at least not without cybernetic implants in neuro-cortex.

But as i said :D
There are drugs even today! which make you very easy to be persuaded to do something. So...when you get that gas/dust in yourself and somebody tells you to do that or that and you're gonna do it xD no matter what :D
Acctualy who ever tells you what to do, you're gonna do it :P
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Thecrazydwarf
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #7

Post by Thecrazydwarf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:08 pm

You know tazers right? Well you could have some device that shoots something like a little robot or dart that essentially controls that persons brain.
All my posts are written on my ipod touch.
The eleventh commandment: go, and make terrain!
"When in doubt, attack." - General George Patton

Soladrin
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Soladrin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:16 pm

actually, mind control is still purely fictional, body controll is not, in theory, its not impossible to controll someones body by perfectly sending tiny electric currents through someones nervens, or, directly to the muscles, and thus controlling his movements, just not the mind itself. Wich would be even better if you want to torture someone. :roll: Game wise, same results except, the controlled person might be driven insane because of the deeds his body has done, keep in mind, he will still feel, see, hear, and smell everything that happens, he just wont be able to do anything about it.

Offcourse, this would still require a very precise device, but i think either a dart filled with nanobots, or, a tiny machine that latches on to the base of someones neck (and thus gaining acces very near to the brain) would do the job, so there would be ways around it, game wise, i think nanobot dart/syringe or whatever way of injection you want to use would be viable.
Ogre Kingdoms: 2000 Points
Space Orks: 1000 points
Durf wrote:You are not supposed to smoke the grass before starting this....