standard infantry rifle S.I.R.

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
Ciaphas Cain
MiniWarGaming Beginner

standard infantry rifle S.I.R.

Post by Ciaphas Cain » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:28 pm

i had an idea for a infantry rifle it functions as a rifle but with 3 settings. whichever setting the squad ( yes squad not individual) chooses is the type whey use for that shooting.
single shot: this setting on the weapon allows the squad to shoot one single accurate shot per member at about 18 in.
burst fire: this setting has the squad shoot 2 shots per member at 14 inches.
Full auto: this setting has the squad act as if their guns were MGs and fire 3 shots per member at 12 inches.

each setting has it advantages and disadvantages burst fire give you somewhat the capability of a MG but with better range and full auto gives the squad the ability to quickly close and put alot of fire onto the target.

However each type has shooting modifiers
single shot: no modifier
burst fire: +1 to hit
full auto: + 2 to hit

I only gave full auto a really huge modifier because it represents the recoil of the amount of shots throwing of the shooters aim and amount of bullets flying around.

hoping for ideas on how to balance this weapon and hoping to see it in the game.

will repost further revisions after playtesting
imp guard about 1500 .Dark elves about 1000 point corsair raiding fleet.
23 men of minas tirith one was obliterated.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: standard infantry rifle S.I.R.

Post by Andypenguin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Forget how big an average board is supposed to be, but I'd have single reach 24" burst to 16" and the auto still at 12"

Good idea
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

Ciaphas Cain
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: standard infantry rifle S.I.R.

Post by Ciaphas Cain » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:25 pm

i gave the rifle less range to compensate for its ability to act like a mg.
however if i were to upgrade the range the squad would just cut down almost everything that the enemy charges them with even though its double movement on an assault.

but that may be a great idea that gives the infantry more movement / firing capability.
imp guard about 1500 .Dark elves about 1000 point corsair raiding fleet.
23 men of minas tirith one was obliterated.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.