Moltav Cocktail

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
Loota
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Moltav Cocktail

Post by Loota » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 pm

There so cool, why not make it? 8) There could be area effects like use the small template and it could start fires that grow throughout the game.
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

avragehuman
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Moltav Cocktail

Post by avragehuman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:36 am

not a bad idea like make it S 5 AP 5 mby?

Spacemarine23
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Spacemarine23 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Maybe when you go through it you take a 5+1 damage for every turn and you take damage whenever you walk through it. It also grows 1" every turn.
all the worlds problems can be solved with high explosives.

If your the last man standing, you're not fighting hard enough

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 am

Because I am a grammar nazi, *molotov cocktail*.

I think that really, they should have simmilar states to the flamethrower, only in grenade form, (ie a small template), otherwise you get too complex.

sikarita
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by sikarita » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 am

Fusebox45 has got it, thats how they would work, and they should probably be called fire bombs.
the orks plauge the galaxy from end to end...i fear that ultimately it is they, not we, who shall rule the galaxy

"death to the puppets of the emperor!"

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 am

It would be cool if it had lasting effects on the game, but yea I guess gotta keep it simple
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:06 am

And about the whole lighting things on fire idea, that would be WAY too hard to keep track of.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm with fuse here. Flamethrower grenade. to make it interesting and not to complicated have some fun stuff in there such as misfires and an extra turn of effect.

Don't move the template but do the same thing over again next turn if the models haven't moved.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Have in mind that you can use varous things.
Air-fuel bombs= [a bomb that has 2 explotions, in first it just spreads in certain area small particles {like vapor or spray in certain radius} of highly flammable liquid, then in the second explotion it "lights it up" causing the area to explode and burn with temperatures of above 2000°C degrees, 2273.15 K degrees ]

Special type of phosphor grenede= [it simply explodes and blasts small pieces of white phosphor which light up and burn trough metal, flesh, anything!!!! and it cannot be turned off by water :S !!!]

Termite grenede= [it's something that you fire in the walls or tanks, it sticks to the surface of what you want to melt trough, activates... and burns trough metal, walls, anything!! and creates a passage for your troups or destroyes cover, tanks or facilities... it's unsuable against soldiers cause it acts as missle and it's potential would be wasted cause the hit of it would kill soldier, and when it would start burning the soldier would be dead already from the impact and you'd just create a hole in the are where it activated]
{this is not explosion! but more like "melting weapon" it also cannot be turned off!! by water, lack of oxigen etc. acctualy... it's imposible to stop the burning once it started, i can explain it why and how it works if you want me to}

Napalm, Nitroglicerine... these are also usable for some sort of "coctails" or bombs, grenedes etc.

Flash grenedes, Sound grenedes, Shock grenedes [it creates a sudden air pressure change which is so immense that it stunts, maims and disorients targets]

now... something more modern which is possible to create even today! (but its too expensive yet it's promising technology :D in future when we're gonna have new and better materials {thats why i keep on mentioning ceramics, due to great vareity of special properties they may have, but it's hard and expensive to create them! cause it's usualy molecule by molecule and atom by atom creation })

Plasma grende= creates a horrible short range heat burst that burns to ashes anything in its proximity.

Anty-matter grenede/Bomb/tank shell= it's a device that holds small amount of antymatter in magnetic fields of immense strenght! it is fired on the target and when it reaches the target [laser guidiance may determine how close it is] it shuts down the magnetic fields and you get yourself a HORRIBLE!! nuclear reaction that tears down anyting in it's proximity.
The mass of antymatter you need to use is lesser than 1gram :D
(1 gram is toooo much)

Oh and! to get the antymatter you need facilities simmilar to CERN or some highly advanced nuclear laboratories where in matter of few years you can get antymatter.

The reason we don have Antymatter bombs is the storaging issue... we don't have strong and stable magnetic fields to keep the antymatter away from matter and when we create antymatter it's a real art to detect those few anty-particles before they colide with matter and create small amount of energie [ it's usualy 1 or 2 atoms or protons plus 1 or 2 anty-articles... today :D , but ... who knows what future brings to us :D ]
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Termite grenades? Did you mean Thermite Grenades?
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Yes, :)
My english is rusty, sorry about that.
But not in the sense of grenede which you throw, but rather a "sticky missile".
It stabs onto what you want to burn down then ignites and... :D
You destroyed cover, or mechanical unit :P
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:26 pm

So something to the effect of a breaching charge? Or perhaps something like a melta bomb? Throw it onto a vehicle for good amount of damage.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Yes, exactly :)

Thermite "bomb", boosted by other chemical componds :))

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:36 pm

I dont know if you can 'boost' the effects of thermite... Its already very powerful stuff.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:33 am

Neither do i... yet.
But i try to seach some compounds in our Uni. data base.

Although...
the bigger the affinity for recieving the oxygen the stonger the reaction.
So i guess you can use highly reactive metals in dust mixed with Fe2O3 dust and it's all placed in vacuum tank/box.
(it's theory... i'll have to ask my friends or profesors if it could boost the reactions heat and speed )

But there is a limit for which metal to use due to reactivity cause you don't want it to self-ignite in your hands when mixed together :)