Propaganda

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Propaganda

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Had this idea when creating my faction Earth Children but propaganda is always a huge factor in war. Have charecters that can get into peoples heads during battles that will help out your units. This can make enemy soldire automaticly take moral checks, make then automaticly supressed, convince a soldire to shoot his own unit, make guys shoot them selfs. Also would have things that help your own units like extra chargeing, anti supression and many other things.

just a thought on a diffrent styled weapon.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Propaganda

Post by DracoAvian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Perhaps no. This is dangerously close to magic and way far away from realistic. It seems alot like the Farseer with guide, doom, and mind war. (just to name a few)

Anything that would give your units a noticeable advantage would be far away from actual psychic abilities (hey, its in the future. Humans can evolve.) and way too advanced for the surviving technology.

Just came to my mind though. Loudspeakers could be used to pin or suppress enemies. They could be used to cause a Ld test when charging into cc.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Yea, I doubt you could make it a weapon. You could definitely take it into consideration when thinking of units' stats, though. Maybe some kind of special rule, or something like that.

Damn Lucky
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Damn Lucky » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:54 pm

For my umbral I sujested a mask that has a megaphone wired into it that projects the wear's voice and battle Cries.

It whould give them bonues to try and make the enemy break when there charged.

Sort of like Fear and Terror in Fantasy I guess. Sept not as all or nothing.
Last edited by Damn Lucky on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 am

A lot like a Banshee mask in the Dawn of War series.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Puppettamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 am

DracoAvian wrote:Perhaps no. This is dangerously close to magic and way far away from realistic. It seems alot like the Farseer with guide, doom, and mind war. (just to name a few)

Anything that would give your units a noticeable advantage would be far away from actual psychic abilities (hey, its in the future. Humans can evolve.) and way too advanced for the surviving technology.

Just came to my mind though. Loudspeakers could be used to pin or suppress enemies. They could be used to cause a Ld test when charging into cc.
maybe i explained it wrong or to hard not to crazy i kind of imagined well like nazis in ww2 basicly. They just wear out the enemy in a long battle and dive them crazy.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 am

Yes in a long campaign, but not in a 15-30 minute skirmish.

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 am

The Nazi's did not want to have long battles to wear down their enemies, they 'blitzkreiged' attacking fast and quick with everything they had to supruse and overwhelm thier enemy before they could retaliate
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:58 pm

see how well that worked out?

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:39 am

The Nazi's downfall was them picking a few too many fights, not their tactics...off topic...

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Wouldn't opening another front count as tactics?

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 pm

I think you're confused on what a front is.

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:34 am

I was saying how they invaded and captured nations, not defending or controlling them
The 'blitz' really failed in russia tho

Off topic...

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm not confused. They screwed themselves up when they broke the truce with Russia. Lets not bicker though... back onto propaganda.

e.x. This idea would be better in campaign as a scenario rule. After weeks of street to street fighting and constant propaganda attacks, force x Ld suffers. They get a -2 to their Ld values.

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:14 am

But Could we incorperate that into the game?