Aerial and anti-aerial unit

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
NecronFighter
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Aerial and anti-aerial unit

Post by NecronFighter » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:42 pm

I think a attack aircraft like a bomber or attack copter will be awesome, while add some anti-air or air misile will make the battle more intense.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Aerial and anti-aerial unit

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:51 pm

I love it. Something like the water plane from "Waterworld" that the smokers used.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:48 am

I really can't see that working. This is a small scale skirmish game. Bombers and choppers would have to cost hundreds of points to be balanced.

Also, I can't see a patrol bring along an airplane, or even a chopper for that matter. A chopper would patrol by it's self, or with a small flight of choppers. Pairing it with infantry would only make things less efficient.

And I really can't see a micro civ having patrols of bombers flying around looking for something to shoot. Plus there's the whole tech thing, and what they've been using as fuel since nobody's been pumping oil out of the ground for 70 years.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 am

Your right, flying stuff would be a tad expensive to be put into skirmish games. Perhaps something of the Apocalypse size nature?
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by zuzu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:05 pm

you mean a lil' chair with a propeller stuck to it? :mrgreen:
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:14 am

If it is a apocalypse game and your using a chair... That would be a big model. :shock:

Tau+One
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Tau+One » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 am

maybe not a flying unit but what about calling in some kind of flying support. like have a comander or character be able to buy a radio and once a game he can call in a arial unit to do a a strafing run or something along those lines.
(kind of like how the master of ordenence works)
Tau:
Railguns = BOOM
^^
V
Bork'an's Frozen Steel Tau~1200pt
Boss Gorsashz Lot~1?00pt