Home-Made/ Crafted Weapons

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
rotunda
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Home-Made/ Crafted Weapons

Post by rotunda » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:51 pm

I had an idea: Through various missions and games you play, the person who sets it up can get another person to roll a D3 and select 3 random items to put on the field, but they can't be health, weapons, etc, only parts.

Using these parts you can craft them into homemade grenade launchers, rocket launchers, shotguns, handguns, etc for your individual characters you make. You can also make armor and stuff like that that adds a modifier to wound them.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Home-Made/ Crafted Weapons

Post by Fusebox45 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 am

I'm fairly certain anyone who's ever stopped in the middle of battle, and said, "Hey, this peice of copper pipe kinda looks like a rifle barrel!" is very, very dead.

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 am

Yea, but look at all the awesome weapons you can build out of trash in the hit videogame Fallout 3. You've got your Railway Rifle, Rock-It Launcher, Flaming Sword thingy, and big ol' dinosaur hand! The possibilities are endless!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:42 am

You know, this might not work very well in the Skirmish based game, but would be an awesome element in a Roleplaying game... finding different bits of common scrap, and being able to combine them into new weapons and tools. Auto Assault had a crafting system something like this, and I thought it was ingenious.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:41 am

Yea, in a skirmish game where all the weapons are already paid for in points it would be impractical. I don't want to take away the highly equipped squad or the slow races. Everyone will be choosing light infantry to scurry across the battlefield to find some stuff MacGyver would have trouble with.

I think it could be a great objective such as a: weapons stockpile, rare metals, food, or generic shiny stuff. It would be good for campaign scenarios and Role-Playing.

It would be unfair to the people and factions who can't move fast enough to get the supplies. It could quickly raise the effectiveness of a small point squad to that of a high point squad.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

rotunda
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by rotunda » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 pm

I just think it would be cool in one of these games to make your own personal, epic characters. Like if your own characters had a trademark item only they have.

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:58 pm

That's why you build your own models :)

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:12 am

Throw on some green stuff! Make a conversion!

Or perhaps you're talking about making your own weapons rules and all?
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

lordbob
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by lordbob » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 am

You know what, this laser rifle is just not suited to my tastes, its far too powerful and I don't like that colour scheme *throws away* I think I shall use that rock instead :)
The pen is mightier than the sword...and a lot easier to write with.