EMP

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
aklara
MiniWarGaming Zealot

EMP

Post by aklara » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 pm

I think there should be a sort of electro-magnetic weapon designed as a countermeasure against the Haussman Race. The design could lean towards that of an RPG coursing with veins of electrical wire and the crack of the occassional energy spark. Upon fired, the electro-magnetic energy would hit the robotic victim and obliterate its system, leaving nothing but a useless shaped metal construct.
The art of war is of vital importance. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.

Check out my Warhammer website! http://adeptus.darkbb.com/forum.htm

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: EMP

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 pm

So far the haussman race has no rules. The only thing that EMPs would be useful for would be vehicles, but conventional warheads would be easier to produce and just as effective.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:28 am

The problem with adding EMP weapons is that they'd only be technically effective against anything Robotic, which means an army with EMP weapons would have zero effect on, say, the Galagido. It leads to a certain level of unbalancing. One of the main goals in Primal Horizon is that any given unit should be capable of inflicting harm on any other given unit, assuming a certain amount of tactical skill, and of course luck. If you add a weapon designed specifically to counter one type of unit, you lower or eliminate that weapon's effectiveness against other units.

It's a cool idea, don't get me wrong, but it might need to be something that's more considered from a fluff perspective, and on the battlefield you just assume the weapons are firing EMP-enabled ammo when directed at robotic targets.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Damn Lucky
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Damn Lucky » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:54 am

What about pulp fiction style lighting guns?

Short Range, good AP, mutishot. PV's answer to the plasma gun.

lordbob
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by lordbob » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 am

Some sort of cattleprod perhaps? Might do something nasty to the haussman robots systems, and it certianly wouldn't do wonders for the human body.
The pen is mightier than the sword...and a lot easier to write with.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 am

*COUGHneuralbatonsCOUGH*

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm

yea. pretty much.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Damn Lucky wrote:What about pulp fiction style lighting guns?
I don't remember there being "lighting guns" in Pulp Fiction...
For that matter, what is a "lighting gun"? One of those lighters in the shape of a gun? That would be incredibly useless.

salvadorjer
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by salvadorjer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 am

you can trust fusebox45 on all things of primal horizon. I agree with most of what he says: reality check/stay objective.
On allmost all topics we are running away with ourselves, having ideas (someone suggested tanks and mechas :roll: ) that take away from the core of the game.
Let's remember the essence people.