Minigun

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Minigun

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:57 am

Mechanical suit, combat armour, call it what ever you like.
Normal man wears it, it boosts his strenght, gives him wonderful protection from small caliber rounds [yet armour piercing rounds and rockets and etc.etc. still penetrate it as knife does butter]

But!!

This suit can carry a lot of ammunition, a heavy weapon such as minigun, and energy generator somewhere in the suit without burdening the man wearing the suit.
The unit is bigger than normal human cause of the suit and all the gear on it, and not so mobile as normal infantry, but hey :D
You got a minigun and from cover you can do some nasty damage to your oponent foricing him not to move from cover unless he has some kind of cannon, radiation.grenedes, EMP grenedes that woul kill stun or maim the man in the suit or the suit itself.

This is possible, but expensive and in postapocalyptic time it would be luxury to have something like that in your force.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:45 pm

They are working on exoskeletons in the military. It will not be used in combat for a long time but they have done some pretty impressive lifting with it. Perhaps this would be a equipment which allows moving and shooting with it.

Although... it does seem a lot like a terminator.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 am

Yes, they truly did some amazing work in military research for such suits.

(i'll post my artwork of those things for Primal Horizon very soon )
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?