Weapon Idea (More of a vehicle really.)

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
punkminsam
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Weapon Idea (More of a vehicle really.)

Post by punkminsam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm not sure to what extent/scale MWG plans on incorporating vehicle units in to Primal Horizon, but I thought it would be cool to have a vehicle jury rigged around a weapon system. In other words, a vehicle that was built just to allow the use of a weapon, instead of a weapon added on to a vehicle. (If that makes sense.)

So my idea is this; what if the Marauders, always on the lookout for salvageable items, jury rigged a semi-repaired heavy weapon from pre-Event on to a chassy of some sort. Something originally meant to be used as anti-vehicle or building for example. (A heavier gun first mounted on an aircraft and found by the Marauders in the wastelands long after it crashed maybe?) They might use it as kind of mobile heavy support or something.

Not very well developed I know, it was just an idea, and I'm hoping you guys can help build on to it. :wink:

Frozt
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Weapon Idea (More of a vehicle really.)

Post by Frozt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:11 am

thats actually a decent idea. they did that in waterworld for the bad guys (Smokers iirc)
VC w1/L0/T0
Orks w3/L1/T1 (darn weedy gitz *lost to eldar*)

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by zuzu » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:29 am

mortors and heavier class machine guns i guess? sounds resonable... guy fires it while another reloads it for him.
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

Maikacir
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Maikacir » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Sounds rather nice, and actually pretty realistic too..
But I guess it would be pretty hard to actually get it to work in the game.. A truck with a preeeeeetty big gun on. I'm just thinking it might be hard for it to fit on the gameboard? the terrain is supposed to be pretty crowded and full of cover. So, if the board is as crowded, blown up and full of cover, as it appears inside my head, it would be hard to ever get to move and shoot at stuff - It's simply too big?

Or am I wrong?

/Maikacir

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by zuzu » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 pm

doesn't have to be truck mounted... it could have 2 guys running it onto the field and set it up behind a wall or somthing and fire at anyone they can see. it wouldn't have a movement penelty, but you can't move and fire with it as you need time to set it up.
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

punkminsam
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by punkminsam » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Yeah, I can see what you mean, but I didn't mean it to be quite that big. I was picturing more something medium sized that two guys could wheel around on a chassy. It could be kind of like a mobile heavy caliber weapon, maybe a machine gun (with a heavy caliber) or a heavier ordance weapon, like they took the turret off a tank, (Although I know that wouldnt really work :wink: ) or maybe a heavy cannon off a plane or even a fixed gun. ha sorry, I dont know if I'm being any more clear.

Damn Lucky
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Damn Lucky » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Things you can mount in the back of a Flat Bed:
A Heavy Mortor, Mutiple Light Mortors, A Heavy Machine gun or two.

And if you REALY wanted to. You could get a small howitzer going on the back.
:wink:
( More or less this game system's version of the Tau Rail Gun)

Maikacir
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Maikacir » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:06 am

doesn't have to be truck mounted... it could have 2 guys running it onto the field and set it up behind a wall or somthing and fire at anyone they can see. it wouldn't have a movement penelty, but you can't move and fire with it as you need time to set it up.
oh, like that. Hmm, yea that might actually work ^^

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Yea I see a mobile artillery piece. A pickup truck with a heavy mortar mounted on the back.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?