New Faction ( name needed)

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
rED_sPARTA
MiniWarGaming Beginner

New Faction ( name needed)

Post by rED_sPARTA » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:03 am

I know there are alot of religious/ crusade style faction ideas but i just wanted to add in my bit...

I was thinking it could be all Great Crusade like. The faction believe that the Event was a sign from God (name needed) that the world has fallen into disrepair and that heretics and traitors believe it is theres. The faction is divided into 4 classes,
Priest ( Leader), Knight ( Elite), Redemptioner (Semi Elite), Slave ( Basic). New names needed.

The Priests would think that they have had visions etc from God and they do alot of preaching and they also inspire the other troops.
PROS. Good Morale, very good close combat.
CONS. No range.

The Knights would be the richer members of the faction being able to afford better armour, weapons etc.
PROS. Good Armour, Good Range/ Attack( Depending on weapons)
CONS. Slow, Few in Numbers

The Redemptioner's believe that the Event happened due to there sin's and disrespect.
PROS. Good close combat, Great Morale, reasonable numbers, fast, (some type of feel no pain rule?).
CONS. Poor defense, No range

Slaves are poorly equipped lower class members of the community who believe it is still there role to assist in the crusade. Use all sorts of scavenged weapons.
PROS. Large numbers, Cheap
CONS. Weak.

Just an idea, I need new names for everything.

Thx hope u like it
The foolish man puts his trust in luck, the wise man puts his trust in the Emperor!
And the dice gods!

3100 pts Space Marines!!!
WE ARE RED SPARTA!

Red-Geist
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: New Faction ( name needed)

Post by Red-Geist » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Name it after a made-up royal house. Take some random word (just take syllables and jumble them up until you find a cool word) and use that as the house's name or take the name from an actual royal family from somewhere (may cause copyright issues unless the name is a common name), or just use a common name, or your name.

Unit types can simply be a class after the house's name. For example, say the faction is called House Crimea (an actual country that sounds cool as a name). So you could just say 'Crimean Templars' or 'Crimean Peasants', and so on. I don't play Fantasy, and I assume this is for Fantasy, so the unit types are up to you.
For the Emperor!

rED_sPARTA
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by rED_sPARTA » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks sounds good. I'll try that
The foolish man puts his trust in luck, the wise man puts his trust in the Emperor!
And the dice gods!

3100 pts Space Marines!!!
WE ARE RED SPARTA!

AGCPLAYSGAME
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by AGCPLAYSGAME » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm

or you could keep it simple yet cool and call them the New Templars.
Space Marines- 2000
Eldar- 600

Don't play with fire....unless you're somehow made of water.