It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mech Faction Rules
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:25 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

when miniwargaming started producing this game i was hooked. I have been playtesting for a while and decided to add in my own faction, the Metal Dawn.
The Rules for this faction are complete but require a bit of playtest to make sure they are balanced. There is a short backstory in the download but the main idea is that in the horrible conditions of the event, people became desperate to get better lives and as such found this cache of pre-event data and began to evolve themselves. These new mechanical beings dubbed the Machanicii launched a crusade against the Flesh beings, all those who would not join them, would die.

The Metal Dawn

Originally just a cult of machine worshippers this group came across a computer data-bank carrying pre-event technology which they used to form weapons and armor for themselves and some went even further and encased themselves in robotic bodies.
The Metal Dawn believes that humans are imperfect and all strive for salvation via. getting released from their weak and cumbersome human forms and ascending the mechanical perfection. The Metal Dawn armed and prepared called a crusade in the name of their Mechanical god and began to destroy everything they could and as their invasion gains strength so to do more and more flock to their banner.

Gameplay
The Metal Dawn is a unique race in that they can take either ‘human’ volunteers who are cheap and relatively weak compared to the other races but have a high morale and powerful weaponry, these units are supported by the Mechanicii, metallic soldiers that are faster, stronger and deadlier than mere mortals. These Mechanicii are expensive but worth their points. The leaders of these armies have given up all semblance of humanity and plugged themselves into the Oni Matrix from which they control their crusade, however, they will sometimes leave and morph their bodies into weapons of war, swifter and deadlier than any adversary.

Units M CC S Def Av Mr Special Points
Flesh Gunner 5 0 0 0 1 6+ None 7
Flesh Crusader 5 1 0 0 1 6+ None 7
Mechanicii Beta 5 1 1 1 2 3+ Character 12
Mechanicii Drone 7 1 1 0 2 4+ None 12
Mechanicii Alpha 7 2 1 1 2 2+ Leader 20
Mechanicii Heavy 6 0 1 0 2 4+ Character 12
Mechanicii Crusader 7 1 0 0 1 4+ None 10
Flesh Heavy 5 0 0 0 1 6+ None 8
*Note, Mechanicii require 2 failed moral checks to become pinned

Equipment
Flesh Gunner: Sunburst SMG
Flesh Crusader: Hand Weapon
Mechanicii Beta: Multi-lance, Reaper Claw
Mechanicii Drone: Multi-lance, Reaper Claw
Mechanicii Alpha: Heavy Lance, Solar Cannon
Mechanicii Heavy: Heavy Lance or Solar Cannon or Flamethrower
Mechanicii Crusader: Reaper Claw
Flesh Heavy: Storm Rocket or Grenade Launcher

<Weapons on Next Page>

Weapon TH AP MP R A Points
Sunburst 7+ 0 1 12 2 6
Hand Weapon 6+ 0 0 CC 1 1
M. Lance 6+ 0 2 18 1 6
Reaper C. 5+ 1 0 CC 1 5
H. Lance 6+ 0 3 18 3 16
Solar Cannon 6+ 2 3 24 1 20
Flamethrower 4+ 0 0 - - 9 Flamer
Rocket 7+ 1 3 18 1 12
G. Launcher 6+ 0 2 12 - 12 Blast [/size]

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and i set the hounds on you...