Sparta!!!

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
User avatar
kknight25
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:43 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
Location: New South Wales Australia

Sparta!!!

Post by kknight25 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:22 am

Based on alot of greek history, and mythology (what i'm interested in) why not make a faction bout the soldiers of sparta, but not the old armour and all that, but like more of some nuclear like power armour, swords, guns and all that! Sorta like the game hellgate london!

User avatar
Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:21 am
Location: The island

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Andypenguin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Yea why not?
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

User avatar
Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 am

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Fusebox45 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 am

Getting into the realm of super soldiers with the "nuclear power armor,"

Characters: maybe
main fighting force: no

User avatar
locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 am
Location: North Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by locbot » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:50 am

I have one thing to say about this idea...

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)


LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

User avatar
gman1401
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by gman1401 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:58 am

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!
locbot wrote:THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
trevinc
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Edmonton AB CAN

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by trevinc » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:04 am

GIVE THEM NOTHING.........BUT TAKE FROM THEM, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Orkey Shoota Boy
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:54 am
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #4
Location: R'lyeh, The Pacific

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Orkey Shoota Boy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:12 am

A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!
This is my lasgun. There are many like it but this one is by far the worst.

I also have Flesh Tearers.

And Lizardmen.

User avatar
locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 am
Location: North Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by locbot » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Orkey Shoota Boy wrote:A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!
then we shall fight in the shade...

BUM BUM BUM BUM BUOOOM!(epic 300 music)
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)


LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

User avatar
Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:21 am
Location: The island

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Andypenguin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Fuse, maybe this army could be more along the lines of extremely good combat skills, next to no armor, some sort of terror causing ability, high leadership, having their 'shield' brought to bear, and very high point cost
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

User avatar
locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 am
Location: North Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by locbot » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Andypenguin wrote:Fuse, maybe this army could be more along the lines of extremely good combat skills, next to no armor, some sort of terror causing ability, high leadership, having their 'shield' brought to bear, and very high point cost
i agree with everything but the armor. these guys should be ultimate TANKS with no range at all like no ranged weps, be close to impossible to kill and be wonderous at CC
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)


LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

User avatar
Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Posts: 5931
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:14 pm
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Ashran » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:51 am

kknight25 wrote:Based on alot of greek history, and mythology (what i'm interested in) why not make a faction bout the soldiers of sparta, but not the old armour and all that, but like more of some nuclear like power armour, swords, guns and all that! Sorta like the game hellgate london!
Hellgate London= Knights Templar which were part of the Christian crusaders and those guys definitly are more similar to Shield

With all respect, I think that a Spartan army should be extremely well disciplined, hard to break under pressure, with good armour (no, not mega uber duber awsome possum PEW PEW BOOOM DAKKA BOOM armour) in the form of shields and light armour (high to medium tech of course) with sub par weaponry but good training, any ranged weaponry wouldn't be passed black powder but melee weaponry would be well made. I think it would be a very interesting faction with some sort of a special rule like "unit formations, phalanx and shield wall"

Now, of course comes the problem. Immediatly upon seeing an army of Spartans gamers would think "300 rip off" in fact, that's probebly where you got this idea right? Even the conversation in this topic prooves my point.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

User avatar
Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Posts: 4927
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:56 am
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: Edmonton
Contact:

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:03 am

The key would have to be to make the miniatures look a little bit like Spartans, but still futuristic. Say, for example, that they have all their armor and stuff, but their helmets could have the feathers and stuff. Kinda like Eldar Dire Avengers Aspect Warriors.

User avatar
locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 am
Location: North Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by locbot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Ashran wrote:
kknight25 wrote:Based on alot of greek history, and mythology (what i'm interested in) why not make a faction bout the soldiers of sparta, but not the old armour and all that, but like more of some nuclear like power armour, swords, guns and all that! Sorta like the game hellgate london!
Hellgate London= Knights Templar which were part of the Christian crusaders and those guys definitly are more similar to Shield

With all respect, I think that a Spartan army should be extremely well disciplined, hard to break under pressure, with good armour (no, not mega uber duber awsome possum PEW PEW BOOOM DAKKA BOOM armour) in the form of shields and light armour (high to medium tech of course) with sub par weaponry but good training, any ranged weaponry wouldn't be passed black powder but melee weaponry would be well made. I think it would be a very interesting faction with some sort of a special rule like "unit formations, phalanx and shield wall"

Now, of course comes the problem. Immediatly upon seeing an army of Spartans gamers would think "300 rip off" in fact, that's probebly where you got this idea right? Even the conversation in this topic prooves my point.
bein ga rip-off of 300 is the good part of this idea and also the fact a SPARTAN BEATS A NINJA IT WAS PROVEN! so ha ninja fans...
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)


LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

User avatar
Jombo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:43 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by Jombo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I would rather play a game with all new and creative armies, not just rip-offs. The idea is cool, but I don't think they should look anything like Spartans or even be from Greece.
Splinter Fleet Phobos

Bought: [----[+]---------------] 448/1750
Assembled: [--[+]-----------------] 232/1750
Painted: [+]-------------------] 0/1750

Click for videos of Tyranids and Terrain! (Coming Soon)

User avatar
locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 am
Location: North Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Sparta!!!

Post by locbot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Jombo wrote:I would rather play a game with all new and creative armies, not just rip-offs. The idea is cool, but I don't think they should look anything like Spartans or even be from Greece.
but id still like to see an army with the same persona
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)


LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest