Earth Children

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Earth Children

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 am

They follow the earth mother and do what they belive is right for the planet, in other times they would have been tree huggers or hippies with weapons. Earth Children are all fanatics who belive that the natural disaster that laid waste to the world was a sign. Humans have been alive for to long and there time has come wasteing the planet away. Belifes that even in death they would be returned to the earth in a less destrutive form what the human are know for will be there destination after death. So the war on humans have began and they are out to save the plant from destruction at the hands of there own race.

Earth children use alot of Propaganda to effect the enemys that they are in battle with. To either scare them or get into there heads so they make irrational moves so they could take advantage of the situation. In some cases Earth Children Libarators as they call them( cause they can influence you so quickly and easily with there words of wisdom and trickery) have cause enemy solires to shoot them selfs on the battle field. Weapons are very minimul for these people but they do have them, alot of traps are used cause there hit-run-hide tactic to draw enemys into there traps. Weapons to irratae the enemys are usually home made cossbows and staffs that they can make easily. These are not there main weapons though..........explosives are there real weapons, home made bombs with trip wire, c4, dynamite, molitov cocktails or what ever they can make to destroy man made structures or men.

All Earth Children are fearless and are not scared of dying but are smart not to get hit cause they are needed to exterminate. When alot of enemys think there running away it turns out to be a trap and they expose the enemy trying to kill them. They do not use armor or many high tech weapons but they are tricky and resourcsful.

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Earth Children

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:23 am

never really thought out just let it flow at 2am but think there could be alot added. Tried to think of something diffrent from the rest with the explosive/trap and proprganda weapons. Just watched the demo for the first time after seeing this section on creating a faction and tried to think of something and the introduction saying natural disastors gave me this idea right away.

input would be great thanks, thought i might have had something.

Edit**

special rule...when in close combat and choose to retreat and shoot the enemys that they are in contact with cannot attack them. They automaticly slip out of combat and fire cause there specialty at hit and run tactics. These runs may include one of the Earth Children dropping a frag or smoke grenade for protection. This would make them annoying to get into close combat fights with, what is what I wanted.

Possible Kamakazi unit with chest bombs what goes off when they get into close combat. Also carbombs what are planted on vehicals laying around the battlefield, very east terroist feel as thats how I kind of picture them out gunned and out matched but will not give up and will do whatever they need cause rules of war do not apply to them.

They will not use vehicals because they harm the earth in the long run but with so many explosives and traps at there hands they can more then deal with vehicals in combat.

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Earth Children

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

The style of the fighters I picture are extremly rag tag and rough with alot of scavanger type looks. Uncorinated hats and shirts on the models along with like any type of hippie type beards and long hair, dreds also to add varity. Alot of them will have old military clothing they found in abandoned bases along with back packs that they carry everything in cause they move around so much. Since they do not settle in one area for to long because there not there to prosper as a group they would have a mix of all kinds of culture for they raid several diffrent lands.

while they are not generally the warrior types but they are brave this will be included in there playing style as they have the hail of fire ability. This would allow them to make there run through no cover to try get to the closest cover, when out of range and they are stuck in the open it kicks in, the enemy takes there shots at the unit as normal but instead of being suprsed or stuck to run they run forward to the nearest cover up to six inches right after they take the hits from the enemy to represnt there fearless tactics and undying will to rid the earth of its destroyers.

when I picture them in my head there an odd mix of Middle East Terroist and Robin Hood, I dont know why or how that came to be but is what i have in my head, Terroist type war tactics with undying faith in there creator ( in this case there god is the earth itself) and there vocal powers to make people join and fight for them or effect them on the field through the mighty voice. But also Robin Hood as they are forrest dwellers or journey around the world but instead of fighting the sherrif hes killing everyone that is helping kill the earth, those seem to be able to turn he takes in under his wing. There leader lets say has a way with words and so do his generals, picture Hitler and a proactivist hippe of destruction also know as a PHD.